ElliottWave need a start point

I have post before, but no response,  I shoud tell that the ElliottWave always need a start point  or zero point to make it works.

wave 5,  it means:  point 0,1,2,3,4,5

wave 3, it means:  point 0,  a, b, c

without the start point, the wave concept is not complete.

We used "Comprehensive Course on the Wave Principle" (A.J. Frost and Robert Prechter Jr.) and other books to make this technical instrument.

As far as I see you are the first man, who talk about 0 points.

We are not going to make any changes in this instrument at this moment.

casewidth:

I have post before, but no response,  I shoud tell that the ElliottWave always need a start point  or zero point to make it works.

wave 5,  it means:  point 0,1,2,3,4,5

wave 3, it means:  point 0,  a, b, c

without the start point, the wave concept is not complete.

I've studied EWT extensively and to be honest I don't see any particular use for 0 point. It's usually the same as point 5/c/e/y/z of previous formation of the same degree.

By the way, MetaQuotes:

Your corrective wave notation is incomplete and this should be corrected. I understand that you don't want to go into double and triple complex corrections - w-x-y and w-x-y-xx-z (w-x'-y-x''-z) as they're massively impractical, but it's still impossible to mark a triangle correction as it uses letters a-b-c-d-e, not only a-b-c like flat or zigzag corrections. It is as well described in the aforementioned classic by Frost & Prechter and it is one of three basic types of corrective waves.

alexvd:
We used "Comprehensive Course on the Wave Principle" (A.J. Frost and Robert Prechter Jr.) and other books to make this technical instrument.

As far as I see you are the first man, who talk about 0 points.

We are not going to make any changes in this instrument at this moment.

It‘s just  common sense.  a line segment alway has start point and end point.

wave 1st:   ? ->  p1

wave 2nd:   p1->p2

wave 3nd:  p2->p3

what ever you call the start point  of wave 1,   it must exists.

two wave can be Overlap,  e.g.   wave 4th  can devide into  3 wave: a,b,c,     the abc's start point is  also wave 3nd's end point,   so  the 3 wave and wave a's start point should be ignore

In practice of wave analysis,  one wave is always connect to another wave,  the start point connect to last one's end point  and so on,  so you may not notice the start point .  

but if you draw the wave object separately,   each single wave object must have a start point.

Even when all the waves are connect one by one,  it must have a first start point to draw the first wave.   The first start point  should be treat as the zero point.

Reason: