Dual system for trending/trading markets

Hi folks,

I had an idea about a trading system that uses the extremes in data (highs and lows) for entry points like, for example, an envelope trading system. At the same time, one that uses a smooth moving average (JMA,Hull or something similar).

The idea would be that the trending MA would catch the trends and the choppy markets would be caught by the envelope/band trading system.

I'm sure they have trading EAs based on both. Has anyone tried this by running both simultaneously on the same pair?

Is it a good idea? Has it worked?

I was wondering because of whipsaws and false or bad signals that end up hitting stop losses.

Perhaps a dual system would counter balance itself out and provide a consistent profit without alot of drawdown.

Whew...

Comments/Suggestions?

Sorry Admin, I post now, Im Newbie, Hai hai hai, at the moment dont have any question or request, maybe soon i will send here... by d way im happy to be one of ur members, thanks a lots.

Welcome here Score_pips. Enjoy the forum. You'll learn a lot by reading.

FerruFx

I think that sounds like a great idea. I take it no one has replied with help. Have you had any luck developing an indicator(s) yourself?

DaveZ

Reason: