Titan's PipWorld - page 5

Update: Thur, Dec 20th 2007

I have added to my GbpJpy position at 225.00

To enlarge once pic has loaded just click on image.

Titan

I just closed out all three positions for a loss of : -134 -136 -6 pips

To enlarge pic once loaded just click on image.

Titan

Two new GbpChf positions open at 2.3033

To enlarge once pic is loaded just click on image.

Titan

Market is rough this week.

Closed Out GbpChf: -118 -118 pips

Titan

Back in with two GbpJpy open trades at: 224.35 224.33

Titan

Update: Fri, Dec 21st 2007

Still holding my two long positions on GbpJpy. I do not see an exit point for at least a week, may be even two weeks. Things right now look slow for this particular trade signal. So, we wait and enjoy some positive interest into our accts.

Titan

Update: Fri, Dec 21st 2007

Getting signals that GbpJpy will pull back next week, so I decided to close out my trades and re-enter at a later point.

Closed Out: Long GbpJpy 224.35 at 226.07: +172 pips

Closed Out: Long GbpJpy 224.33 at 226.07: +174 pips

Titan

p.s. once the new year starts I will reset the demo-acct one last time and from there I will keep a posted track record of all trades.

The method in which I trade is called, Balance Point Trading. It tracks the actual tru-value of a given currency, then trades the imbalances of that particular currency pair until the balance point (tru-value) has been achieved.

I will reset my demo-acct Sunday instead of waiting for Jan 08. This will be the last time I reset the demo-acct and all trades will be posted. If you follow along in a demo or real acct please listen to the following rules.

1.) Reduce your unit size accordingly:

2,500 usd accts reduce your unit size to micro: 0.01

25,000 usd accts reduce your unit size to mini: 0.10

250,000 usd accts reduce your unit size to one standard lot: 1.00

This is a long term trading strategy where a trade can take days, weeks or even months.

I will post more about the method at a later time.

Titan

The method in which I trade is called, Balance Point Trading. It tracks the actual tru-value of a given currency, then trades the imbalances of that particular currency pair until the balance point (tru-value) has been achieved.

The only currency pair we'll be trading is GbpJpy and so to keep positive interest in our accts we will only trade Buy-Signals (yes, we could trade both Buy and Sell Signals but I don't like looking at negative interest, especially when the market has moved against me and I'm waiting for my exit).

May be, at some later point (months down the rode) I will add an additional currency pair but for now GbpJpy will do the job of producing plenty of pips and lots of excitement.

Titan

p.s. please read above post #49 if you have not

I meant to say, Institutional Bank Style Trading. Balance Point Trading is how the banking institutions and large retail investors make their money.

Now, you might ask how do I know..lol Good question and the answer is, I don't know for sure since I have never worked for a bank, nor looked over the shoulders of a large retail investor like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates. However, from what I have read in books and magazine articles these individuals invest their dollars (which includes forex investments) based on a medium to long term value system.

One article I read stated that the big banks and large retail investors when considering a trade in forex, won't invest in a currency move for anything less than 100 pips. And that their stop-losses can be as large as 300 to 750 pips per trade.

Interesting, huh...

Titan

Reason: