Titan's PipWorld - page 3

For those of you who might be wondering where I got my MTF (multi-time frame indicator) here's a link.

**Steinitz Method ** HAS MTF EA - Forex Trading

Goto post number 2 and download the template into your MT4 expert/indicator file.

I do consider the HAS MTF indicator to be a valued help in seeing the longer term picture. Note: I do not follow the trading rules for this indicator as explained by Don Steinitz. I have created my own rules but it would be good for you to read how he trades this particular indicator.

Titan

Just when you think everything is ready to go something seems to alter the plan. I woke-up this morning a little after 3am with a thought on how to re-adjust my long term method and it looks good in theory, a small sample backtest even looks good.

My current long term trading strategy isn't great by any means due to DD (drawndown) and length of time between entry and exit which can be days, weeks even months. Yet, its a awesome producers of pips with a very good success rate but my Dead Man Switch is what truely kills me...lol Its stressful at times to have a stop-loss of 300 to 2000 pips, but I believe I have found a way to lower the Dead Man Switch level to 1000 pips. Hence, the reason I got up at a little after 3am this morning. So, I will not open any new trades based on the current method. I believe I have found a new way to trade Don Steinikz HAS MTF indicator.

All current trades regardless of where they are will be closed next week and new trades based on the newly improved method will be executed. I will keep you up to date.

Titan

Update: Sunday, Dec 9th 2007

I just finish backtesting the newly revised method and the stop-loss is far smaller than I originally thought it would be.

New stop-loss size: 100 pips max (losses can be smaller of course)

Demo-Testing and Live Trading will be conducted for the next 3 to 6 months to confirm backtesting results.

DD (Drawdown) can still be high but stop-loss max will be maintained at 100 pips.

At this time based on the old method I have two open positions:

Long GbpJpy 227.23

Long GbpJpy 225.00

Upon today's market open I will closed these two positions and post up their results and move on to the newly revised method.

Titan

Starting Balance: 25k Demo-Acct

Current Balance: 25,553.38

Gain: +657 pips

Loss: -94 pips

Number of trades: 16

Number of wins: 12

Number of losses: 4

DrawDown: -400 pips (which includes open positions)

I have closed out all positions from last week or before and have listed the trades below.

Long GbpJpy 227.23: -72 pips

Long GbpJpy 225.00: +161 pips

Short ChfJpy 98.87: -5 pips

Long AudNzd 1.1255: +47 pips

Long GbpUsd 2.0267: +45 pips

To enlarge once pic loads just click on image.

Titan

Closed Out: Long GbpChf 2.2928 at 2.2963: +35 pips

To enlarge pic once loaded just click on image.

Titan

Update: Mon, Dec 10th 2007

All current open positions atm:

To enlarge once loaded just click on image.

Titan

p.s. Titan's Managed Accts coming soon.

Closed Out:

: Short AudJpy 98.42 at 98.28: +14 pips

: Short GbpJpy 228.53 at 228.50: +3 pips

: Short GbpJpy 228.71 at 228.50: +21 pips

: Short GbpChf 2.3098 at 2.3071: +27 pips

: Short GbpChf 2.3066 at 2.3071: -5 pips

Titan

p.s. Titan's Managed Accts coming soon.

Closed Out: Short EurJpy 164.49 at 164.32: +17 pips

Titan

p.s. Titan's Managed Accts coming soon...

Broker: FXDD

If you have the broker FXDD and are considering having an experience trader managed your account and would like to see how it all works before actually investing any real money then all you have to do is send me a private message to my inbox of your FXDD demo-login and password to your acct and every trade I place will automatically be placed in your demo-acct.

Login: required

Password: required

And in seconds I'm connected to your trading account.

Titan

p.s. I am not asking for you to make an investment of anykind now or later, I'm simply testing out the FXDD MetaTrader multi-terminal platform. At the moment I kinda don't like it... To be honest, because I have no access to charts with this platform. Maybe thats how it works for managed accounts, I don't know but will ask FXDD later this week. However, if you wish to see how I trade in real-time and/or how managed accounts work then feel free to send me a private message with your login and password to your demo-account (not your live account). *Do not post your account information of anykind here in the open posting area, send me a private message.

I will not post any more trades this week. I need to check and re-check a few things, so look for new posting come next week.

Thanks,

Titan

Reason: