Using Meta 4 trader

I bought the Meta 4 trader from someone who introduced me to forex but I have not been able to use it even once to trade successfully. I followed the instruction he gave me but it is not just working. He demanding money from me to teach me how I can use it. I will be grateful if anyone can teach me for free.

Caleb

You should teach yourself for free. You can do this. Most of us do it this way. You will find most resources online for free. Learn the basics first. Learn how to read charts. Learn about trendlines etc. You can find good resources in the 'trading Systems' section. Feel free to browse and post.

Regards

Caleb Katwal:
I bought the Meta 4 trader from someone who introduced me to forex but I have not been able to use it even once to trade successfully.

Am I to understand this person SOLD you the software? If true, demand your money back. The software is free to download. The guy has tried to scam you if he asked for money for MT4!

Ok, basic use of MT4 after you play with it and learn how to open charts is..

Hit F9 to open the trade dialogue of the currently selected chart, then hit buy or sell. Thats it for market orders. The other options are pretty straightforward.

You can also press F1 to access the built in help file which may help.

Enjoy!

Hi All,

Newbie, with my 1st post! i landed here because i was not too sure where to post this question! newbie also using MT4. someone can help me?

if i have an open trade (say 'long') but had to step away for awhile. can i use an EA to 'close' (sell) the position when certain indicators meet the criteria to sell? am using the 15min chart.

appreciate some comments. thanks.

If you have already opened a market order, you can right click it in the terminal and choose "Modify or Delete" to set a target point and stop loss. You can also define these when you open the order or set a pending order.

You don't need an EA to set a position to close on a target.

RebateFX.com:

Thank you very much for the advice. Yes I did use the method you suggested.

I am sorry I was not very clear with the question. I was wondering whether I can use a EA which is programed to close a position (when, say, the last bar hit a line or moving average) without keying in the P/T or S/L?

Many thanks again.

winnt:
RebateFX.com:Thank you very much for the advice. Yes I did use the method you suggested. I am sorry I was not very clear with the question. I was wondering whether I can use a EA which is programed to close a position (when, say, the last bar hit a line or moving average) without keying in the P/T or S/L?Many thanks again.

Oh I see. Well, most EAs are designed to open AND close positions based on whatever strategy is programmed into them. If you want one to just closed manually opened positions it may need a custom programmed job. I'm a MQL noob so I can't help there sorry

Reason: