Need EA for ADX crossing

Hello,

I've found an indicator based on ADX crossing (on TF 1h) who draw red/blue point when next candle is closed (see picture)

It's possible to make an EA with this ? I've try to code it, but i'm very new in mq4 coding...

Thank !

Files:
adx.gif  21 kb

Thanks for this indicator. I hope to find some good way to use it. Awaiting to see some kind of EA showing up

I want to add something, after having watched the indicator in action, I think an EA derived from it will be a waste of time and useless. We should be getting results very similar to the I_trend EA which is a loser. Search this forum for I_trend EA and see for yourselves. Just my 2 cents.

bossxero:
I want to add something, after having watched the indicator in action, I think an EA derived from it will be a waste of time and useless. We should be getting results very similar to the I_trend EA which is a loser. Search this forum for I_trend EA and see for yourselves. Just my 2 cents.

Hello !

Thank for your reply... Do you think the indicator is bad, or just an EA derived from it ?

Thank !

Infact using this indicator as it is won't be profitable at all!! Because it is giving a signal on every crossing without taking the real ADX into account. Its just using the cross of the +DI and -DI lines to give signals. This indicator needs a little mod to make it more reliable.

We need a coder who have to add a feature to this indicator so that it also takes the ADX line into account because the true power of the ADX indicator is that line as it shows the power and strengh of the trend.

E.G if +DI is over -DI and ADX is above 25, then show a blue dot as we have an uptrend. This will reduces the number of dots greatly because currently,we can think we are seeing more dots than candles

Any coder out there, plz mod this. Scorp, if you read this, help us out

Regards

remcous:
Hello ! Thank for your reply... Do you think the indicator is bad, or just an EA derived from it ? Thank !

bossxero:
Infact using this indicator as it is won't be profitable at all!! Because it is giving a signal on every crossing without taking the real ADX into account. Its just using the cross of the +DI and -DI lines to give signals. This indicator needs a little mod to make it more reliable. We need a coder who have to add a feature to this indicator so that it also takes the ADX line into account because the true power of the ADX indicator is that line as it shows the power and strengh of the trend. E.G if +DI is over -DI and ADX is above 25, then show a blue dot as we have an uptrend. This will reduces the number of dots greatly because currently,we can think we are seeing more dots than candles Any coder out there, plz mod this. Scorp, if you read this, help us out Regards

Hello !

Can you say me more about exact rules of ADX ? I can code that on the indicator...

Are you a coder? Please add me in your yahoo and we can talk about it. I will be more at ease to explain.

remcous:
Hello ! Can you say me more about exact rules of ADX ? I can code that on the indicator...

bossxero:
Are you a coder? Please add me in your yahoo and we can talk about it. I will be more at ease to explain.

hey guys are you going to post the finnished results when your done?

I really like this signal but as you say bossxero it does give too many dots.

I have been trading the ADX crossing for a while now it it seems to work for me. This is what I do.

Place Buy if +DI crosses above -DI and ADX is 25 or above and Rising. Close position as soon as the -DI crosses Above +DI

Place Sell if -DI crosses above +DI and ADX is 25 or above and Rising. Close position as soon as the +DI crosses Above -DI

If the DIs Cross but the ADX is falling or not above 25 Wait for it to Rise and hit 25

It would be good if sombody could code this system to an EA.

Anyway hope it brings you pips

Admin4XP:
I have been trading the ADX crossing for a while now it it seems to work for me. This is what I do. Place Buy if +DI crosses above -DI and ADX is 25 or above and Rising. Close position as soon as the -DI crosses Above +DI Place Sell if -DI crosses above +DI and ADX is 25 or above and Rising. Close position as soon as the +DI crosses Above -DI If the DIs Cross but the ADX is falling or not above 25 Wait for it to Rise and hit 25 It would be good if sombody could code this system to an EA. Anyway hope it brings you pips

You are just repeating what I said above :P

Anyways, I have not been in contact with remcous for long. Last time we talk, he was going to make the EA. Then, I did not hear from him again. Dont know what happened

bossxero:
You are just repeating what I said above :P Anyways, I have not been in contact with remcous for long. Last time we talk, he was going to make the EA. Then, I did not hear from him again. Dont know what happened

Yea sorry this thread went cold so I thought id bring it back to the front again maybe get some fresh input. I think the systems pretty good it would have caught some Huge pips this week on many pairs but I work full time so can only make small pips when i get home.

Reason: