Excel DDE interface

Sorry about the double post... I posted in the wrong forum and I'm not sure how to move it...

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to update my stock position sizing spreadsheet to use with forex. I thought it might be nice to use DDE so I can have live pricing/spread updates.

I have a data entry box where I put in Currency code, buy price, stop price etc... I want the currency code to be a drop down box so I can click and select the appropriate one... Now the question is how to reference the DDE data according to what is in the currency code cell.

Let say the currency code is in cell B3.

For a standard DDE reference I'd type something like this in the cell:

=MT4|BID!EURUSD

Now assuming cell B4 has the value 'EURUSD' in it what I want to do is something like: =MT4|BID!{value of B4}

I've tried just plugging it in i.e.: =MT4|BID!B4 but it doesn't like that. Tried putting the B4 in quotes... no luck.

The excel doco is remarkably sparse on this point and I'm wondering if it's even possible to use anything other that a direct reference.

So has anyone got any ideas how I can do this? Even if I can't any suggestions on how I could achieve the same result (even it means creating tables on other sheets to cross reference or something?)

thanks in advance.

Reason: