I need to even the table!

My expert advisor 'may be' working! The Meta backtester is messed up every which way you try to use it as I just learned. I thought that if a program did not use buy and sell stops it might work right - WRONG! My present program only uses BUY-SELL-CLOSE and it failed again!

I just got to learn to have the patience and run a test live. The Bible says if we build our foundation on the rock (Jesus), life will work. Unfortunately, the backtester should be our rock (foundation) for programming an expert advisors. What we got with the MQL language is a foundation build upon totally errored programming. In Texas we say: That dog don't hunt, or even comes close to being programmed with good intelligence!

Dave

Hey Dave77,

I think you should PM SJR3t2 he does backtests with tick data and will even program your stuff for $30.00 an hour if you just dont have the patience.

I think that's all it can be done to bar-based backtester. Technically speaking, only tick-based backtester can accurately report system performance. MetaTrader support the minimum only 1 minute bar backtesting--if you believe that their is tick-based backtester then you are cheated!

Dave, post your expert code in MetaQuotes forum, ask them to inspect your code. They might be able to help you out.

Email him instead, coz he check here once in blue.

Reason: