Working, Beeping but Not Trading

I have made an EA using ZeroCode.exe. It seems it is OK. It is alerting with whataevr Buy messages but never triggered a tarde.

Is it supposed to trigger trades or just giving a signal?

Please have a look and troubleshoot.

Files:

Hey,

Do you see the smiling face, sad face or a cross on the top-right of the chart? (Smile means allow trade, Sad means disallow trade, and Cross means disable all expert advisors).

If you see sad face, then open up the Expert Settings dialog, tick "Allow Live Trading".

If you see a cross, then press Ctrl+E to enable experts.

Hello, I would like to say one thing about this Meta trade platform 3.83.

I have had countless problems with the expert advisors not working on this platform. I have emailed my brokerage firm (Interbankfx) several times about these problems. There is more too this problem (smiley faces "do not guarantee" the expert advisor will function at all - As I have now sadly found out). Along with several conflicts with the server itself, this software system does not output 'any server error messages' to warn people about multiple logging into the same account, multiple similar currencies on one account using the same expert advisor in one session can possibly cause problems with executions of the expert advisors.

I have come to painfully realize that this software system is equivalent to the quality of Windows 95 - Error prone (but it will never tell you there is one!). As I have mentioned to Interbankfx, it is hard to believe this weak system software even got accepted in the professional community. I wish I charge for the wasted time I have spent uncovering these 'glitches' in this system software. It really takes the fun out of programming when you cannot tell if what you have created will work or work properly. Artificial backtesting using their software backtest program is "no guarantee" it will work even close to when you trade live!!!

The expert advisor backtester is seriously flawed in correlating money returns to actual trading returns. What $$$ you see will probably not be even close to what will happen in real trading. I can now see why it seems that on all these forums nobody is creating a reliable system to autotrade - I have checked them and evaluated them all, one at a time with hundreds of hours of live testing, plus, backtesting by their expert backtester. Without a backtester that closely resembles real trade returns, you are just doing the 'poke and hope' expert advisor programming. I wish MetaGroup would read this and rewrite their expert advisor to correlate it closely to actual tick by tick trading.

In short, what this gentleman who had this problem with execution has stumbled upon is one of several of the execution problems I have incurred with this software. I hope Meta IV is better than this platform.

Dave77

Dave, you are one of many many disappointed users of MetaTrader. It's been months now that I use MetaTrader for system research only since the charting is powerful, and there are hundreds of custom indicators available for free.

For expert advisors, I recommend people use them to get the rough idea of their system only, not for real trading.

Reason: