"10 Minute Strategy" - page 2

Yup, I just follow the stretagey on the website, but there is one thing, metatrader don't have 10min chart so I use 5min, b'cause the trading hour is 8~12pm , and the malaysia time is 8pm~12am so I able to test it. One more thing, I don't use Slow Stochastic indicator (b'cause I have bad experience on it) so I use TTF to replace it, although TTF always give the signal after the market go on, but I use it as a guide, if all indicator indicate down and TTF also indicate down, then I sell, that is how I test this stretagey any idea

Cartoon:
Yup, I just follow the stretagey on the website, but there is one thing, metatrader don't have 10min chart so I use 5min, b'cause the trading hour is 8~12pm , and the malaysia time is 8pm~12am so I able to test it. One more thing, I don't use Slow Stochastic indicator (b'cause I have bad experience on it) so I use TTF to replace it, although TTF always give the signal after the market go on, but I use it as a guide, if all indicator indicate down and TTF also indicate down, then I sell, that is how I test this stretagey any idea

I think you should check the forum and see what people have posted, I'll check later to let you know which ones you could probably replace for better results

Have a good day/night!

Today, I lost 20pips, b'cause it is ranging market

HAH, i just saw a post on there saying

"Last week wasn't a good one for the system (from my point of view). I only traded Monday to Thursday (London session only) and had 8 trades for 5 wins & 3 losses for a total of 44 pips. I thought that was pretty good because there was a lot of whipsawing."

This means that this strategy is pretty good even during whipsaws.. this could help us during those sessions where the bought changes from one strategy to another depending on the movement of the market...

I find that interesting lets wait and see until someone comes up with the bot for it

Are they talking 44 pips with spreads included?

just chcking on instructions on 5 min charts. they say to double indicators when using 5 min. I'm sure you got that but thought I better check anyway to be sure

gold

scorpion:
Are they talking 44 pips with spreads included?

I'm thinking thats spread included since it was actual trades (still demo but spread counts) So I'm thinking it'll be included

here i found the files for the 10 minute stragety plus indicator I beleive from what I have read it still needs a little work

here is what the author wrote in the forum..... This Is The Indicator, only

Hi everybody,

palanka, thanks a lot for this code. I converted it to MT4 for you but did some changes to suit my taste.

1. This is an indicator in the same window as the prices, signaling up or down with arrows.

2. I don't care about the trading hours in the indicator. I take care of that in the brain ...

3. I added the MA test.

I have not fully debugged it so if someone finds something strange, please advise in this topic.

ybop : if I am right, the histogram is the difference between the macd and its signal, therefore if the macd is above its signal, the histogram is also above 0.

I have

MT-3 Indicator and Advisor for fx-10

The advisor requires that you have the Fx10Setup version 1.01 custom indicator already installed

Parameters are:

ParmMult, GmtOffset - same as the indicator

IsMini - set to 1 for a mini account, 0 for a standard account

MarginCuttoff - unused for now

MM - set to 1 for automatic money management. Set to 0 to use the number of lots you specify in the Lots paramater.

RiskPercent - percent of your account balance to risk on the trade (only if MM=1).

StartHour1 ... EndHour2 - same as the indicator.

To trade without a limit, set the TakeProfit parameter to 0.

With all the defaults set, the system is breaking even. How about some of you do some backtesting and post your results. Remeber to use the model "every 1 point" for most accurate results.

Here is the link to the forum that I got the files https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14293&page=20&pp=8

Good luck

Files:

THanks for that turbo I really need to catch up on alot of reading they added on the thread I'll start reading tomorow...

People dont be shy to test it out and read the posts in the thread, I see lots of profits in there

Hi there,

I may be late but think this simple thing can be helpful:

To make MT4 show 10 minute chart

a. open 1 minute chart

b. ran period-converter script setting the period to 10 in it

c. open 10 minute chart offline from File>Open Offline menu.

Good luck

--------

Van

Reason: