CSV splitter (divide large CSV files) - page 5

I also registered to thank you. I've been using this for about 6 months now. Although I don't need it very often, when I do, it's a life saver. I am so impressed with this program. It is incredibly easy to use and really fast too. Just wanted to say great work. You've saved me hours of headaches.

I, (Like the others) have just joined the Forum to offer my heartfelt thanks for this app!

We have some big report files here that are too big for MS Access to handle and this little app did the job perfectly!

Thanks again.

Doggy.

Hello. At first I thought I loved your splitter, but it seems to be acting really screwey now.

I have a csv file of 230,000 lines, and I am trying to split it into peices of 5000, and when I hit Split! it says completed, but then the little notification in the bottom left says "15000 lines splitted" and the output is only 4 files (3 of them are 5000, and the last one is 1600 lines)

Obviously that doesnt add up to 230,000.

I can get it to work for a different file, so that doesnt make sense.

I have renamed the file

I have put the file into .txt, then saved back out to .csv

I have moved the location of the file

None of this works.

Why would it do this?

help please

Jay

scorpion:
I've just written the CSV Splitter for you, as I think it might come in handy someday. Download: csv-splitter-1.1.zip Downloaded: 1398 times (Oct 18 2007) I've attached the compiled exe along with source code. To run the exe, you will need .Net Framework Version 1.1 installed in prior. Instructions:
1. Fill in necessary information: CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split. Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece. Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited. 2. Click "Split Now!", and that's it. You can find the splitted pieces in the a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file.

I just wanted to say thanks for the CSV splitter solution!

Thanks Dan

I had the same issues as posted on page 3 and 4 (being that the buttons didn't show up, despite .NET version 1.1.)

I also found a solution, just use tab and enter in order to 1) browse for the file & 2) let it split the file into different text files.

It worked and nicely split my enormous file into 13 pieces of 250000 lines.

Hooray for Scorpion, you made my day and my year!

Thanks for sharing this with the world, you're truly a very helpful and charitable person (and somewhat nuts for not charging for it, but I like that in a person :-) ).

I simply had to join your forum to thank you personally for such a wonderful tool (CSV Splitter). It saved me lots of time and headaches. Thank You!

It didn't work...always gives a single file of 52 kb...and shows Approx 0 lines splitted.

looking to download csv splitter

Thanks Scorpion!!! You are a superstar.

This tool is not taking the rows after one balnk row ...can you please let me know ...I have 2 row blank...so it's not splliting properly

Reason: