CSV splitter (divide large CSV files) - page 4

I have no idea how that could happen. I downloaded it and the buttons are there. I double checked the code, and there's not a single line that is about hiding buttons.

Can you take a screenshot? It might offer some clue.

Scorpion - great tool. Just curious if there is a file size limit. I have a CSV file that is 1.3GB with about 2million rows. When I try and use the splitter, it runs for a second and reports the split was successful; however, only one file is created with only one row. When I run it on smaller files, it works great. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.

scorpion:
I've just written the CSV Splitter for you, as I think it might come in handy someday. Download: csv-splitter-1.1.zip Downloaded: 1398 times (Oct 18 2007) I've attached the compiled exe along with source code. To run the exe, you will need .Net Framework Version 1.1 installed in prior. Instructions: 1. Fill in necessary information: CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split. Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece. Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited. 2. Click "Split Now!", and that's it. You can find the splitted pieces in the a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file.

I just wanted to say thanks this solves 98% of my problem. Most of my CSV files do not have a header row. If you could add a header row option I have about 500 people that could use it.

RanneR

Hi,

I've downloaded the App but after i ran the CSV file output value number 1 keeps duplicated to second files.

Anyone can help me solve ? Even i have changed the for loop below:

For i As Integer = 2 To LineCount

'For z As Integer = 0 To WriteLine(z)

Dim s As String = Reader.ReadLine()

If s Nothing And _IsAbort = False Then

Writer.WriteLine(s)

Else

Writer.Flush()

Writer.Close()

Exit Do

End If

Next

Still can not , the first value still duplicated to second files.

Thanks i manage to get my program runs well already , thank scorpion.

brilliant program, works perfectly for me. Many Many Many thanks for the work. if i could donate i would do its that good.... Been needing a CSV splitter that just works for a while now and this has just made my day.

CSV File splitter

Hi scorpion, thanks for the program, it's very good.

btw, if i only want to choose only certain line to be splite in csv, it is possible or not?

i try to find the program for that, but still can't.

Hi - I'm using a mac to run excel (2004), tried neooffice and couldn't get this to split some large csv files i need to open....is there any other way to do this? Thanks Much

scorpion:
I've just written the CSV Splitter for you, as I think it might come in handy someday.

Hey scorpion, I just registered so I could thank you. I'm not familiar with forex, but this csv splitter worked quite well for me. I had a file with 6.6 million rows, and it split up quite nicely into several files that are each able to be opened in Excel.

I would love to hit this 'thanks' button, if I could find it.

Reason: