Download MetaTrader 5

how to have the text removed after removing the indicator

To add comments, please log in or register
Jens89
Jens89  

Hi,

I have some indicators which display text on the screen using the ObjectCreate function

after I remove the indicator, the text is still visible. 

What I thought was needed was ObjectDelete in the deinit function but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

in another indicator I have I don't even have the Objectdelete and I have no problem with the text being removed.

thanks

Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov  
Jens89 :

Hi,

I have some indicators which display text on the screen using the ObjectCreate function

after I remove the indicator, the text is still visible. 

What I thought was needed was ObjectDelete in the deinit function but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

in another indicator I have I don't even have the Objectdelete and I have no problem with the text being removed.

thanks

If your indicator has created a graphic object, then your indicator should be removed afterward - your indicator should remove the graphic object.

Example:

The indicator Size of candles (text) creates OBJ_TEXT objects and deletes them in OnDeinit.

Jens89
Jens89  
Vladimir Karputov:

If your indicator has created a graphic object, then your indicator should be removed afterward - your indicator should remove the graphic object.

Example:

The indicator Size of candles (text) creates OBJ_TEXT objects and deletes them in OnDeinit.

thanks for your quick reply

so should:

int OnDeinit()

{

ObjectDelete("whatever the name of the indicator is called");

}

always delete whatever you created?

just curious why it has to be OnDeinit and not deinit?

quite new to MQL4 so not sure yet. 

thanks

Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov  
Jens89 :

Please go to the link I gave - you will see that my code is MQL5.
To add comments, please log in or register