Can I analyse stocks?

I'm looking to create an EA that uses the results of analyzing actual stocks (not CFD's or futures).  Is this possible in MT4?  Is there a way that I can have my MT4 look up say the value of TLT to execute a pre-determined rule that I have?

For example:

if TLT goes down and TBT goes down then do something.

That's not what I'm looking to do.  Just giving an example of using the value of stocks in my logic coding.

If this is possible, can someone please tell me how to do it?

jthornton:

I'm looking to create an EA that uses the results of analyzing actual stocks (not CFD's or futures).  Is this possible in MT4?  Is there a way that I can have my MT4 look up say the value of TLT to execute a pre-determined rule that I have?

For example:

if TLT goes down and TBT goes down then do something.

That's not what I'm looking to do.  Just giving an example of using the value of stocks in my logic coding.

If this is possible, can someone please tell me how to do it?

You can trade, what the broker offers for mt4. But some values like "real volume" which e.g. is known for stocks is not available for mt4.

Find a broker and chat with him.

Carl Schreiber:

You can trade, what the broker offers for mt4. But some values like "real volume" which e.g. is known for stocks is not available for mt4.

Find a broker and chat with him.

I'm not concerned with the trading side of things.  I want to just get the value of certain stocks.

For example, let's say I want to get the High, Open, Close and volume of TLT, but then I can put the trade through on an Index CFD. 

Reason: