Download MetaTrader 5

Testing EA and multitimeframe indicators

To add comments, please log in or register
dmdamiyo
dmdamiyo  

Hello,

I'm considering moving from MQL4 to MQL5 for one main reason - I use 4 indicators that work on different timeframes, For example I have "ind1" that shows an arrow pointing up when RSI is lower than 20 on H4 interval. "ind2" checks "ind1" and acts accordingly.

But in MT4 in tester I cannot test those indicators - they don't draw. If I choose H4 in the tester I can see ind1 drawing, if I choose M5 nothing draws (I'd like to see my H1 and H4 indicators changing even though I chose M5 in the tester), not even mentioning that I have many of them on different timeframes reading values of each other. Some time ago I opened another topic here and someone confirmed that I do nothing wrong it just doesn't work in MT4.

Because I cannot see visually what's going on, testing is hell.

My question is - can you test such multitimeframe indicators visually in MT5 (visual mode of the tester!)? Will everything draw correctly?

I'll be extremely grateful if someone can answer. Thanks!

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
dmdamiyo:

Hello,

I'm considering moving from MQL4 to MQL5 for one main reason - I use 4 indicators that work on different timeframes, For example I have "ind1" that shows an arrow pointing up when RSI is lower than 20 on H4 interval. "ind2" checks "ind1" and acts accordingly.

But in MT4 in tester I cannot test those indicators - they don't draw. If I choose H4 in the tester I can see ind1 drawing, if I choose M5 nothing draws (I'd like to see my H1 and H4 indicators changing even though I chose M5 in the tester), not even mentioning that I have many of them on different timeframes reading values of each other. Some time ago I opened another topic here and someone confirmed that I do nothing wrong it just doesn't work in MT4.

Because I cannot see visually what's going on, testing is hell.

My question is - can you test such multitimeframe indicators visually in MT5 (visual mode of the tester!)? Will everything draw correctly?

I'll be extremely grateful if someone can answer. Thanks!

Yes it should.
To add comments, please log in or register