Testing EA and multitimeframe indicators

Hello,

I'm considering moving from MQL4 to MQL5 for one main reason - I use 4 indicators that work on different timeframes, For example I have "ind1" that shows an arrow pointing up when RSI is lower than 20 on H4 interval. "ind2" checks "ind1" and acts accordingly.

But in MT4 in tester I cannot test those indicators - they don't draw. If I choose H4 in the tester I can see ind1 drawing, if I choose M5 nothing draws (I'd like to see my H1 and H4 indicators changing even though I chose M5 in the tester), not even mentioning that I have many of them on different timeframes reading values of each other. Some time ago I opened another topic here and someone confirmed that I do nothing wrong it just doesn't work in MT4.

Because I cannot see visually what's going on, testing is hell.

My question is - can you test such multitimeframe indicators visually in MT5 (visual mode of the tester!)? Will everything draw correctly?

I'll be extremely grateful if someone can answer. Thanks!

dmdamiyo:

Hello,

I'm considering moving from MQL4 to MQL5 for one main reason - I use 4 indicators that work on different timeframes, For example I have "ind1" that shows an arrow pointing up when RSI is lower than 20 on H4 interval. "ind2" checks "ind1" and acts accordingly.

But in MT4 in tester I cannot test those indicators - they don't draw. If I choose H4 in the tester I can see ind1 drawing, if I choose M5 nothing draws (I'd like to see my H1 and H4 indicators changing even though I chose M5 in the tester), not even mentioning that I have many of them on different timeframes reading values of each other. Some time ago I opened another topic here and someone confirmed that I do nothing wrong it just doesn't work in MT4.

Because I cannot see visually what's going on, testing is hell.

My question is - can you test such multitimeframe indicators visually in MT5 (visual mode of the tester!)? Will everything draw correctly?

I'll be extremely grateful if someone can answer. Thanks!

Yes it should.