Problem with iMAOnArray function

with MT4, I'm trying to create a custom indicator that, once I placed RSI indicator, put on it also the MA indicator.

Manually I add RSI chart indicator, then

1) I drag&drop MA indicator and select Apply to: First indicator's data and then I click OK.

2) Then I reopen in editing this MA and change Apply to: Close.

I've written the indicator using iMAOnArray function but it displays the MA as 1). I need to change to 2). How can I do?

Thanks

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Should i move from MQL4 to MQL5 ?

Alain Verleyen, 2015.12.04 11:20

Yes it can. iMAOnArray() is obsolete and ineffective, replace it with calls to functions from MovingAverages.mqh library (standard with MT4, provided in Include folder).
Show your code if you want coding help.

here it is:

int shift,limit = cbars;
  if(limit==0) limit = Bars;
  for(shift=limit-1; shift>=0; shift--) {
      RsiBuf[shift] = iRSI(NULL,0,Rsi,PRICE_CLOSE,shift);
      }
  for(shift=limit-1; shift>=0; shift--) {
      // First Indicator Data
      MaF[shift] = iMAOnArray(RsiBuf,0,Ma,0,MODE_SMA,shift);
}

but in this way I have a MA in RSI like this:

yellow line. I do not want this..... I want a MA line like Turquoise one but on top of RSI graph for checking when this MA touch levels 70 and 30.

Manually I obtain this result by dragging&dropping MA on RSI with Apply to: First indicator's data, and when it is on graph but modifying it choosing apply to: Close. Here the result:

Do you see? The 2 lines are more or less identical? 

How can I have this result programmatically?

Thanks

Some help ?

Thanks to all

there's no direct solution for ur question. iMAOnArray can't apply in close price, because close price means ur data input for iMAOnArray  must be an MA data too.

but there's a trick to do that.

let me give u some example in my indicator:

int OnStart()

{

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

int limit = Bars-counted_bars-1;

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)  dataLowMA[i]    = iMA(NULL,0,periodLowMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);  

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)  dataHighMA[i]    = iMA(NULL,0,periodHighMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); 

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) MA5[i]           = iMAOnArray(dataLowMA, 0,  periodLowMA,  0, MODE_EMA, i);

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) MA12[i]          = iMAOnArray(dataHighMA, 0, periodHighMA, 0, MODE_EMA, i);

//----

return(0);

}

Although time has passed since this post, I ask you what do you mean "dataLowMA, LowMA" should be Price High and Low, what is the difference? Greetings

Abdul Aziz Rahman #:
Reason: