Anyone else receive an email alert from their Broker about lowering down leverage?

The French presidential election is coming up.

I just receive an email from my broker notifying me about it.  My broker is going to lower down my trading leverage from 1:500 to 1:50

Did Anyone else receive an email alert from their Broker about lowering down leverage?

Yes I did - common practice to protect their customers I believe.

Cuong Truong:

The French presidential election is coming up.

I just receive an email from my broker notifying me about it.  My broker is going to lower down my trading leverage from 1:500 to 1:50

Did Anyone else receive an email alert from their Broker about lowering down leverage?

Yes pepperstone just send me one email regarding this, i dont see the reason though as the elections result is already known...;)

Pete:
Yes I did - common practice to protect their customers I believe.

more likely reason is to close out all your open trades and profit from it :-/

It's better to sit down and wait for the market creating the trend first. We are too small to compare to the Big Boys.

so far broker im using to send notification about changing leverage is XM..

Pawel Michalowski:

more likely reason is to close out all your open trades and profit from it :-/

This makes perfect sense. 

If a person has been trading with high leverage with same broker.

Then, all of a sudden, the leverage drops. Their previous open orders will most likely be stop out due to margin call.

I understand the brokers lowering down the trading leverage because they want to "PROTECT THE CUSTOMERS ACCOUNT FROM BEING STOP OUT"

Do you think it is a good idea for them to provide their customers a choice to opt-out of that lower leverage "protection" ?

Voting Poll:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/191813#comment_4993656

I think all brokers did the same.  Regards.
Reason: