Backtest with control points and live trading

Hello, is it possible to make a EA work same way in a live chart like he do in the backtest with control points mode?

How are the candelsticks calculated in control points mode, is it possible to calculate them before the candel is finish or does this only work when the candel is already finished?

UserMQLSite:

Hello, is it possible to make a EA work same way in a live chart like he do in the backtest with control points mode?

Yes, if the EA is coded to act in this way.

UserMQLSite:

How are the candelsticks calculated in control points mode, is it possible to calculate them before the candel is finish or does this only work when the candel is already finished?

"Every tick" simulates ticks and you can use the values before the candle closes if the EA is coded to do so.

What must i code into the OnTick() function to make the EA run like in backtest with control points? I think the control points backtest is randomly creating the candel, only high and low and open and close price are real but how the candel get fformed is completly randrom or not?

The ticks in the tester are simulated, I have no idea what calculations are used to create the simulated ticks.

Please read : https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/testing

Control points is for EA that uses only bar open / close price so not for trailing stops dependent on ticks for example.

But its still good to use control points...

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Testing Trading Strategies
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Testing Trading Strategies
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 programs / Testing Trading Strategies - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: