How many pairs would be tradeable thru EAs in the same computer?

I have never run any EAs on my PC.. but I have opened 10 pairs in the MT4.. and I have experienced some delay on ticks.. I suppose (or assume) that running EAs on those 10 pairs the EA will have also delays to enter automatically on positions...? Could you give me some lights on this situation? am I right am I wrong? thanks a lot,

F.Black I have experienced some delay on ticks..
  1. How can you possibly know that? There can be minutes between ticks ("Free-of-Holes" Charts - MQL4 Articles) and brokers use different filtering resulting in differences in volume (10 to 150 per minute.)
  2. A slow EA can miss ticks, but they will be called as soon as one is received.

whroeder1:
  1. How can you possibly know that? There can be minutes between ticks ("Free-of-Holes" Charts - MQL4 Articles) and brokers use different filtering resulting in differences in volume (10 to 150 per minute.)
  2. A slow EA can miss ticks, but they will be called as soon as one is received.

Thanks..

1. Because I have an indicator of the count of the candlestick.. and it jump thru values... it is on 59'' and afterwards.. all of a sudden I see 53 (as an example)

It is hard to tell but most people, including some programmers and brokers will say that 12 to 16 charts is a heavy load on one instance of MT4. 

You can always install two versions on your computer, on the C:/drive folder you are asked to install the second third or fourth MT4 you just have to use a different folder to install on. I have had 4 instances of MT4 on a single desktop and it works fine.

Four instances was over kill. I don't recommend it.

You have to install your EAs and indicators on the machine where you want to have the chart run.

Your computer will have to be able to run the four MT4 programs and you have to have the history file space as well.

There will be variations according to the computing power each EA must use to run -- how many calculations to your EA and indicators, etc.

You can also use two computers if you have them available. MT4 and my broker at least will let you logon as many times as you have MT4 running on desktops, laptops, mobile devices.

Of course, your internet connection has to be able to let the number of devices on without narrowing the pipeline too much so your connection slows down from your internet provider.

Cheers,

Reason: