Disable signal temporarily on draw down

Hi, I'd like to prevent a signal from opening new positions once a certain draw down or margin level has been reached.

However, the signal should be able to close positions which can't be done if the signal is disabled completely.

Unfortunately all these settings seem not to be suitable for that: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/signals/signal_subscriber

The best setting would be "Stop if equity is less than [B]" however I don't want to close all positions but only have no new positions. It would be easy to compute this equity setting so that the signal couldn't push the account below for example 300 % margin level (the market could, of course, but there's a much larger safety buffer then).

Has anybody an idea how to achieve that in an EA with a single account (without copying selected trades to another account)?

Thank you for each contribution to this question!

Signal Subscribers - Signals - MetaTrader 4 Help
Signal Subscribers - Signals - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
Signal Subscriber is a trader who subscribes to Provider's trading signals to copy trade operations of the latter on his or her own trading...

Andreas Pehnack:

Hi, I'd like to prevent a signal from opening new positions once a certain draw down or margin level has been reached.

However, the signal should be able to close positions which can't be done if the signal is disabled completely.

Unfortunately all these settings seem not to be suitable for that: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/signals/signal_subscriber

The best setting would be "Stop if equity is less than [B]" however I don't want to close all positions but only have no new positions. It would be easy to compute this equity setting so that the signal couldn't push the account below for example 300 % margin level (the market could, of course, but there's a much larger safety buffer then).

Has anybody an idea how to achieve that in an EA with a single account (without copying selected trades to another account)?

Thank you for each contribution to this question!

Andreas only way is to use copier back to live acct and subscribe using either another live acct or a demo acct. DONT set stop if equity it will KILLED all opened trades + prevent new trades from opening. With a freebie copier u can set "Ignore new trades=TRUE". PM me n i can explain better
Reason: