Global Terminal Variables not shared among different tests?

I'm trying to implement an algorithm that performs another optimization than the "genetic based" or "complete" ones. To this end I intended to share information through the use of the Global Terminal Variables.

However, after a number of tests, it looks to me that each run of a test starts with its own clean set of Global Terminal Variables, thereby rendering my intended communication solution worthless. Is this the intended functionality and if yes, what is the best way to share information between different runs during optimization. Do I really have to fall back to file based communication?

Cheers!

Yes, that is the functionality. In MT4 there was a unique set of global variables, so backtesting an EA that was working with them was affecting a live EA that was based on these variables. At the same time, variables were persistent from one backtest to another. The current behaviour is better, because it insulates backtesting from live EAs and from next backtests. Your best approach would be to save the variables in a file at deinit and load them back in init.
Reason: