Anyone willing to upgrade this EA to next level?

Hello Everyone,

I just build this EA (Coded by a freelancer) based on couple of indicators (EMA & TMA) and it seems generating promising results over last 1 year. But I guess the EA still needs some tuning by filtering bad trades. EA works well (in Backtesting) with EUR/USD and USD/JPY but only for 5-6 months and then start making loss or break even.

Forgot to mention that EUR/USD from 01-09-2015 to 30-09-2016 and USD/JPY from 01-01-2016 to 01-06-2016. But after that USD/JPY only wins 39% and start loosing.

Omnixforex:

Hello Everyone,

I just build this EA (Coded by a freelancer) based on couple of indicators (EMA & TMA) and it seems generating promising results over last 1 year. But I guess the EA still needs some tuning by filtering bad trades. EA works well (in Backtesting) with EUR/USD and USD/JPY but only for 5-6 months and then start making loss or break even.

Let me guess : it is keeping the losing order(s) opened indefinitely? What you have described would fit in that model of EA working, but without some closing based on some decision logic (or stop losses) any EA like that is almost sure doomed

mladen:
Let me guess : it is keeping the losing order(s) opened indefinitely? What you have described would fit in that model of EA working, but without some closing based on some decision logic (or stop losses) any EA like that is almost sure doomed
No Mladen it is using TP (20 pips) and SL (35 pips), but I never tried optimizing the settings since it takes ages to do that in my  PC. Do you think we can filter out those bad trades?
Files:
USDJPY.jpg  186 kb

Omnixforex:
No Mladen it is using TP (20 pips) and SL (35 pips), but I never tried optimizing the settings since it takes ages to do that in my  PC. Do you think we can filter out those bad trades?

If it is using the centered TMA, sorry, nothing can be done

If, on the other hand, it is using a regular TMA, did you try to optimize the parameters of the EA using the optimize feature of the back-tester?

mladen:

If it is using the centered TMA, sorry, nothing can be done

If, on the other hand, it is using a regular TMA, did you try to optimize the parameters of the EA using the optimize feature of the back-tester?

Thanks Mladen. I tried to optimized for last 5 months and backtested from 01-01-2015 to 25-10-2016. Here is the results. What you think?
Files:
opti.jpg  165 kb
Reason: