Check horizontal lines' values and write to file

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I've got a chart with two horizontal lines I draw manually. The lines are called "up" and "down". Is there any easy way to run a script or indicator (not sure which one to use to be honest) which reads the current value of the line and saves it in a file ?

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

szatek:

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I've got a chart with two horizontal lines I draw manually. The lines are called "up" and "down". Is there any easy way to run a script or indicator (not sure which one to use to be honest) which reads the current value of the line and saves it in a file ?

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

A Script is intended to run,  do a task and then end.  An Indicator does a task repeatedly.  So if you want to get the levels of the line on an infrequent basis on demand you can use a script,  if you want the file updated in real time when you move the position of the lines then use an Indicator.

You need to familiarise yourself with 2 sets of functions,  File Functions - you will use these to write to the file and Object Functions -  you will use these to get the positions of the lines.  If it's too difficult or you don't have time to learn yu can get this coded for you for a small cost here:  MT4 and MT5 coding jobs

RaptorUK:
A Script is intended to run,  do a task and then end.  

That's right, but you can put a script in a continuous loop, so this would solve the problem, in my opinion, in an easier way than build an indicator.

figurelli:
That's right, but you can put a script in a continuous loop, so this would solve the problem, in my opinion, in an easier way than build an indicator.
And if you want to run a script in addition to this script ?  you cannot . . .  the code is virtually the same in both cases.

RaptorUK:
And if you want to run a script in addition to this script ?  you cannot . . .  the code is virtually the same in both cases.
No problem, just do it in another graph, since you can have several scripts running in the same terminal and account.
Reason: