USD/JPY Analysis - page 76

It rebounded from 110.70 but I think we may see another move to the downside.

The pair is almost back into the downward trading channel. I expect more to the downside.

USD/JPY is trading flat for the day, around 111.00 figure. Technical indicators on the H4 are pushing higher, but not enough to reach the resistance at 111.20.

I expect another depreciation too, once it breaks out below 110.80.

The pair opens the week with a small gap down, the risk remains on the downside and found support level at 110.10.

willyw:

Weekly US Dollar / Japanese Yen-USDJPYAs of 29/07/16

A big bearish black candle has formed. Prices closed considerably lower than open. If the candle appears when prices are "high," it may be the first sign of a top. If it occurs when prices are confronting an overhead resistance area, a moving average, trend line, or price resistance level, the long black candle adds credibility to the resistance. Likewise, if the candle appears as prices break below a support area, the long black candle confirms the failure of the support area.

The previous 10 candlestick bars, there are 5 white candles versus 5 black candles.

The previous 50 candlestick bars, there are 24 white candles versus 26 black candles with a net of 2 black candles.

A engulfing bearish line has formed where a black candle's real body completely contains the previous white candle's real body. The engulfing bearish pattern is bearish during an uptrend. It signifies that the momentum may be shifting from the bulls to the bears. 

If the engulfing bearish pattern occurs during a downtrend (which is the case with US Dollar / Japanese Yen), it may be a last engulfing bottom which indicates a bullish reversal. The test to see if this is the case is if the next candle closes above the bottom the current (black) candle's real body.MACD is BEARISH as the MACD is below the signal line.

The MACD crossed below the signal line 33 week(s) ago.  Since the MACD crossed the MACD moving average, US Dollar / Japanese Yen's price has decreased 15.67%, and has been fluctuating from a high of 123.538 to a low of 99.075.

The MACD is currently not in an Overbought/Oversold range.

There have been no divergence signals during the last 5 periods.

No Stochastic Buy or Sell signals generated today. The last signal was a Buy 10 Week(s) Ago.

The RSI is not currently in a topping (above 70) or bottoming (below 30) range. A buy or sell signal generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a Buy  2 week(s) ago.

Currently the RSI does not show any Failure Swings. The RSI and price of US Dollar / Japanese Yen are not diverging.

Currently, the Momentum Oscillator does not show an overbought or oversold condition.

The last Directional Movement Indicators (DMI) signal was a SELL 48 week(s) ago.

There were no SAR signals generated today. The last SAR signal was a Sell 6 week(s) ago.

The close is currently

BELOW its 200 weekly moving average

BELOW its 50 weekly moving average

BELOW its 20 weekly moving average

The current market condition for US Dollar / Japanese Yen is Very Bearish

US Dollar / Japanese Yen closed above the lower Bollinger Band by 14.1%.  Bollinger Bands are 40.94% wider than normal. 

mtllc:

USD/JPY is trading flat for the day, around 111.00 figure. Technical indicators on the H4 are pushing higher, but not enough to reach the resistance at 111.20.

It rebounded from 110.10 but I think that after some correction it will keep moving down.

It's appreciating now, but I'm bearish. Below 110.00 the bearish continuation should be confirmed.

It started depreciating from 111.15 as I thought it would, next target should be the local low at 110.10.
Reason: