Cure emotional trading

How can we cure emotional trading?

i dont have the exact answer to it, but i would say keep your mind right when you enter the market. i mean try to follow some technicals while you place a bid and go through fundamenatals as much as you can. And dont get greedy with price, always use Target profit and stop loss. i guess techlnials plays a very important role when to open or close a bid. i think this might help you in some emotional trading

Through lots and lots of practise and personal discipline. Eventually you either just grow numb or you give up on trading altogether.

I think that the emotions which are impacting our thinking and our moves are the greed and the fear of losing .But in trading there is a little space for emotions ,and more place for well-planned decisions. Building discipline would allow you to think more objectively. In my opinion this could be achieved by following strict rules and accept the risk as well. if you already have developed a reliable trading strategy with which you feel confident while you´re trading it could lower the risk of losing funds.You can also trade in demo environment without risking real money, as by risking real money the negative emotions are amplified Thinking clearly without being influenced by our emotions , will let us be  in control of our behavior and make us able to follow a trading strategy in a consistent way.

maple:

How can we cure emotional trading?

In the course of your trade, you have to take a cold shower every now and then.

I cure myself with a drink when I get too emotional :) sometimes.
That is a serious disease, emotions can harmfully affect the balance of your account. When I feel that the emotions are taking a lead role I stick to my theory/ strategy. I always have my Demo account open to free all feelings there.

LazarR:
I cure myself with a drink when I get too emotional :) sometimes.
That is a serious disease, emotions can harmfully affect the balance of your account. When I feel that the emotions are taking a lead role I stick to my theory/ strategy. I always have my Demo account open to free all feelings there.
To switch to the demo account in order to own the market is a good idea. When you got wrecked again go out, kick and hit a sandback/tree, but don't get hurt physically and keep your wife alive :D

krelian99:
To switch to the demo account in order to own the market is a good idea. When you got wrecked again go out, kick and hit a sandback/tree, but don't get hurt physically and keep your wife alive :D
My wife is in perfect health krelian99 nothing to worry about :D Thanks for the idea for kicking sand backs and trees I definitely need some work out

Greetings,
In order to cure emotions in trading, first you have catch yourself doing emotional trading. This moment of realization I believe is the hardest to catch. Once you are aware that you relaying on emotions rather than solid logic, just step away from the computer and try to rethink things over. I don’t really know if this will help, but this is sort of how I am dealing with it.
Reason: