[req] mandelbrot, fractal, repetitions, similarities ect

hi tsd. Frankly didnt know what to name the thread. But ill be brief.

Im doing ok with trading H4 trend in the direction of higher trends. But i get drawn into more advanced concepts. One of them being market fractals. I know that every pattern can be considered as fractal, since something similar can be found in other instrument, or different tf.

but what im talking about is more specific. We all have had some "oh this looks exactly like that" moment. I think this is an idea that is being used by pros, but not yet accessible to retail traders, after all mt4 is not a pro platform. So what if this idea could be written in codes?! combined with simple fibonacci or elliott or whatever one is using this could be turned into the ultimate forecasting tool.

Now if yu think this indicator exists or that this idea has been chewed enough to make you puke, i apologize. But upon my searches i did not find anything useful.

The concept is simple. We take a certain period of chart, and compare it to the past. Obviously we would have to smooth out the price, preferably using multiple ma`s instead of price itself. But im sure you can come up with a better idea.

Thanks all in advance.

This could be an example. Oil repeating its past. Tho it did not work as intended.. the idea is there.

Files:

kwonkicker:
This could be an example. Oil repeating its past. Tho it did not work as intended.. the idea is there.

Maybe this helps a bit : http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/11/24/using-fractals-forex

I don't think that Mandelbrot's fractals can be used in finance

morro:
I don't think that Mandelbrot's fractals can be used in finance

history repeats itself. and that is an edge.

kwonkicker:
history repeats itself. and that is an edge.

That is a misconception

The repetition is not predictable as in Mandelbrot's formula/ Otherwise all would be 100% predictable.

morro:

That is a misconception

The repetition is not predictable as in Mandelbrot's formula/ Otherwise all would be 100% predictable.

Some help : fractal_geometry_of_financial_time_series.pdf

Will check it. Thanks

Follow Edd Matts..on twitter.. He is a guru in these.

Mandelbrot math can not be used in financial time series

Reason: