How much percentage to place a trade - page 2

whisperer:
Seems that people are forgetting one thing : % can be calculated only for known lot size AND stop loss. Without a stop loss, % can not be calculated

:):)

Usual thinking is "AND take profit"

nbtrading:
:):):) Usual thinking is "AND take profit"

And then comes this :

whisperer:
And then comes this :

:):)

That us the final "AND" ....

Hahaha, lol!

whisperer:
And then comes this :

:)

Never (only when nobody sees me )

morro:
:):) Never (only when nobody sees me )

What percent was the risk after all?

PascalD:
:) What percent was the risk after all?

No percent - no stop loss

Your question is not correct. You should ask yourself, if I hit a stoploss how much % risk can I take. Because you can take in a big position but with a very small stoploss. Or you can take a position with very few contracts but with a big S/L.

The answer is that when you take in a postion you need to place a stoploss. That stoploss can never exceed a loss of 3% loss of your total account. So it is up to you to calaculate your contract size (when you enter a position) in such a way that in relation with your S/L that you stay under a 3% loss when your stoploss would be hit.

iGoR:
Your question is not correct. You should ask yourself, if I hit a stoploss how much % risk can I take. Because you can take in a big position but with a very small stoploss. Or you can take a position with very few contracts but with a big S/L. The answer is that when you take in a postion you need to place a stoploss. That stoploss can never exceed a loss of 3% loss of your total account. So it is up to you to calaculate your contract size (when you enter a position) in such a way that in relation with your S/L that you stay under a 3% loss when your stoploss would be hit.

Dear Igor,

thanks for explaining correct way of calculation risk/mm,we always needs your valued guidance and expertise,thanks.

regards

iGoR:
Your question is not correct. You should ask yourself, if I hit a stoploss how much % risk can I take. Because you can take in a big position but with a very small stoploss. Or you can take a position with very few contracts but with a big S/L. The answer is that when you take in a postion you need to place a stoploss. That stoploss can never exceed a loss of 3% loss of your total account. So it is up to you to calaculate your contract size (when you enter a position) in such a way that in relation with your S/L that you stay under a 3% loss when your stoploss would be hit.

People constantly "forget" that

Reason: