Favorite indicator/s - and why? - page 2

techmac:
It is Except for the part how the "author" tells he "made" it - the rest is good

Same old story All over the net "coders" that can not a single line of code

whisperer:
Same old story All over the net "coders" that can not a single line of code

Same as the reason why the thread started : the "show me yours, I won't show you mine" - did that ever work?

techmac

With regards to your comment-I couldn't agree more... although I still have faith in humanity...it being the reason I started the thread besides to help myself and other people hopefully in the process. I have been studying how to trade in general for the last two years(got started off with binaries for which I have developed(put together) a pretty good martingale system that loses maybe once in 50 cycles if you're unlucky which is more than enough to get rich) and my first encounter with this every man for himself (#%$@! u ) attitude was when I mentioned binary options to my cousin in a good intentioned conversation as a way to make money upon which I was duly reprimanded by him telling me I can get hurt trading them (which is fair enough-I have through my own experience come to realise binaries arent everybodies cup of tea -although even forex or stock trading could be said the same of...). Nevertheless I was kind of incensed at my cousin for crapping on my dreams and since then I had numerous encounters with family and aquaintances whom I tried introducing to "trading" and its possibilities and they all treated me with disdain about it and I had to think long and hard about whether it isnt me who was the problem. I guess some of that is my fault because people who dont really have a clue cant share your joy or exitement about the prospect of making millions(even billions) against slightly improbable odds and when people talk about money its usually in reference to how their own pockets are managed which is usually not in good fashion emotionally or intellectually speaking so its like explaining to a dog that a cat is also a mammal I guess (it also dawned on me the other day how money is actually only an idea in reality- a very real idea indeed.)

So to cut a long story short with another long story I dont like speaking of me trading anymore... I just really like forex-tsd.

ANyyway, the other day I sent Mladen(our hero) a PM requesting his expertise but like I suspected I would, I didn't get a reply(no hard feelings Mladen - u still my super hero) so went on to try start this thread... I believe anyone who dares call himself a leader should first be able to lead by example so I apologise for not sharing my favourite indicators(of which I have a few) as I am not yet a profitable trader and still need the capital to begin my career again for the 4th time. Once I am profitable I will share my ideas on getting the "idea";)

Please see below my PM to Mladen-

Reliable indicator
Hi Mladen,

I would like to ask something that I believe only you could answer. Sorry about sending you a PM, I guess you get tons everyday...but I just have to know from you, who do you think is going to win the rugby world cup in England this year?... jokes (I support the Springboks as I'm from South Africa)

Ok, I have been burning to ask you this question for a long time(probably a year) and haven't been able to muster up the courage to ask out of fear of not knowing how to ask and would really superly appreciate your reply as it would facilitate my entire approach to designing a system that I have been working on for very long-will gladly share it once complete. Anyway, here goes...

I remember reading somewhere where you mentioned the hull moving average being an indicator that in itself could be used for signals and about how it is generally overlooked-I cant remember the topic exactly but it stuck with me that you emphasized the simplicity and its effectiveness or something in those lines and that even it could be used for signals. This is what I am looking for in an indicator-simplicity and most importantly consistency(although I know I should be going about it more intellectually through what the indicator means contextually)- but would just like to have your recommendation on which indicator you think might be the most applicable.

By applicable: the indicator should generally be the most reliable when it gives its signal and that the following price action will most likely follow in that direction regardless of how far or how much, but that it should just follow the indication of the indicator consistently...In other words, the most reliable indicator to show the direction of the price action and that basically has the most dependable indication after the signal.

So its like... when a signal appears... the probability of the price actually agreeing with the signal to be the most faithful and to stay with it.

Obviously there is no indicator that could satisfy that condition everytime(at least not that I know of..hehe) but I believe that in your experience

... that you could possibly think of an indicator that comes to mind being closest or close to being... that dependable.

I need to use this indicator as the starting point on the higher timeframes in order to have the best chance of being on the right side of market when I eventually do enter into the trade and in another instance(it might be a little different but will emphasise the quality that is required very well)... to have the most potential of being with the direction of the price action...

when after a contrary move happens for eg. when rsi is up steeply and price moves down two or three candles while rsi remains up that the probability of an up move/reversal back to the direction of the rsi will be most likely happen or be iminent...) so the inherent tendency of the price during a signal will be to follow the indicator in the most non volatile capacity and to trend in the direction as smooth as possible with as little as possible contrarian movement during the signal...like when the price moves opposite to the signal, the signal will give the price a smack like batman does robin and to then say: get back in line...

If you can give a recommendation on this I will appreciate it more than anyone has ever appreciated you help-I think. I don't have anything to give in return but I can you my word that I will send you my strategy once it works...

Thanks Mladen

Kind Regards,

Johan Du Bruyn

Johan

Please read this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/184136 (that was posted more than a year ago)

all the best

Johan

Please read this : About private request(s) to help coding (that was posted more than a year ago)

all the best

Mladen

My apologies... I am trying my best while learning:)

Thanks

Jdubruyn:
Mladen

My apologies... I am trying my best while learning:)

Thanks

Dear Johan,

all what you said in response to techmac,it is a usual and natural attitude of all persons around the globe,you don't needs to be disappointed or hurt-ed,may be still more you have to listen or happens,that can be dis-track you,lol,be firm on your foots,if and when your aim and task is on honesty and sincerity,you will be won it one day,we must appreciate your good deeds,actually peoples want see result and prove in short time for to follow (copy-photostat) and participate.lol.their nature and needs is like this way.

techmac and whisperer are our respectable senior members ,i am sure they will be contribute their knowledge and experience also.....and as for dearest mladen,i my self also read today his lines about private request PMs,of course we must imagine,around the globe how much eyes seeing and waiting for his words (in coding shape and in verbal way) and he is only one,to how much persons he can make satisfy and obliged,and more over this is not his duty just a positive thinking and kind on humanity,there is his personal life too,and he already doing much with out any back ground meanings,his contribution we can not compare to any in the world,much much appreciated. i am sure his kind hand will be on our heads as already.we may think of his short time with a lot of work.

thanks and regards to all of you

Dear Johan,

all what you said in response to techmac,it is a usual and natural attitude of all persons around the globe,you don't needs to be disappointed or hurt-ed,may be still more you have to listen or happens,that can be dis-track you,lol,be firm on your foots,if and when your aim and task is on honesty and sincerity,you will be won it one day,we must appreciate your good deeds,actually peoples want see result and prove in short time for to follow (copy-photostat) and participate.lol.their nature and needs is like this way.

techmac and whisperer are our respectable senior members ,i am sure they will be contribute their knowledge and experience also.....and as for dearest mladen,i my self also read today his lines about private request PMs,of course we must imagine,around the globe how much eyes seeing and waiting for his words (in coding shape and in verbal way) and he is only one,to how much persons he can make satisfy and obliged,and more over this is not his duty just a positive thinking and kind on humanity,there is his personal life too,and he already doing much with out any back ground meanings,his contribution we can not compare to any in the world,much much appreciated. i am sure his kind hand will be on our heads as already.we may think of his short time with a lot of work.

thanks and regards to all of you

Mntiwana

Thanks allot. Trading can be difficult...especially when the money is needed...the know how lacking...and the enthusiasm present. But in time we will hopefully reap what we sow.

Peace

Reason: