Strength Of Trendlines

Can a pro who has been using trendline’s tell me of their experience when usually they are broken or when best to buy or sell off a bounce or when they break? After trading for 1 year I find it breaks usually on the 4th or 5th bounce more on the 5th bounce break and the odd occasion 3rd while the 2nd bounce is the strongest.

april:
Can a pro who has been using trendline’s tell me of their experience when usually they are broken or when best to buy or sell off a bounce or when they break? After trading for 1 year I find it breaks usually on the 4th or 5th bounce more on the 5th bounce break and the odd occasion 3rd while the 2nd bounce is the strongest.

When we are actually looking at the trends in the Forex markets we have to understand that they are going to change and we have to keep track of them.

This is why when a trend is clear we have to make use of that and when it is not clear we should try to stay away from it

april:

It is not so. Bounces 2 and 3 are usually weaker from bounce 1

Interesting observation. I usually keep my stops a few points below or above the trendline so that if broken it would mean a change in trend.

arigoldman:
Interesting observation. I usually keep my stops a few points below or above the trendline so that if broken it would mean a change in trend.

Yes it is a fact that Trends will keep on changing

And we need to spot them in time to be able to take any visible advantages in our trades

nbtrading:
It is not so. Bounces 2 and 3 are usually weaker from bounce 1

That is the usual "dead cat bouncing" effect - happens almost always after big changes

Reason: