Average through range - page 3

TEAMTRADER:
Question to coders who know what this means......

"Alerts on current" - 'true/false'.

Does this mean the indicator 'alerts' on the 'current' candle when it is set to true and it alerts on the following candle when set to false?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Yes

Alerts on current == true -> alerts on current still opened bar

Alerts on current == false -> alerts on first closed bar

Hi MLaden,

I was asked if I could change the indicator 'ATR_CCI'  to use  the ADR (not ATR) as its base. Obviously I can't!

However, I am interested in the practical effects of using this ADR on renko based charts but not sure if it would be of benefit so may I ask you if it could be done? It is possible that using it on renko based charts will make the ADR a more accurate indicator - to be proven!

Attachment is the current setting I use on the Dax for the 'longer term' renko of 25 pts .

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS

My method of ascertaining signals is to see when

1. the O/S level (minus number) is broken upwards and O/B levels are broken downwards= first signal and

2. when the zero level is broken = the confirming signal.

Files:

TEAMTRADER:

Hi MLaden,

I was asked if I could change the indicator 'ATR_CCI'  to use  the ADR (not ATR) as its base. Obviously I can't!

However, I am interested in the practical effects of using this ADR on renko based charts but not sure if it would be of benefit so may I ask you if it could be done? It is possible that using it on renko based charts will make the ADR a more accurate indicator - to be proven!

Attachment is the current setting I use on the Dax for the 'longer term' renko of 25 pts .

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS

1. the O/S level (minus number) is broken upwards and O/B levels are broken downwards= first signal and

As far as I know ADR is an ATR applied to Daily time frame. Did you try it that way?

TEAMTRADER:

Hi MLaden,

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS

You can not have ADR for renko (false time)

whisperer:
You can not have ADR for renko (false time)

The ATR works well enough so appreciate the update.

TEAMTRADER

Reason: