The currency wars have begun - page 3

I would like to think that the "Physical Intervention" means a good fist fight, but I am not that lucky

morro:
I would like to think that the "Physical Intervention" means a good fist fight, but I am not that lucky

You are not the only one that would like to see that :):)

nbtrading:
You are not the only one that would like to see that :):)

Nagh : that is tapping each other on the shoulder

on my own:
Nagh : that is tapping each other on the shoulder

Pity

It would be nice to see the opposite

morro:
Pity It would be nice to see the opposite

They would make their bodyguards do the fight

Inflation And FX: What If The Dog Starts Barking? - BofA Merrill In recent years, inflation has been the dog that did not bark. After unprecedented monetary policy easing, deflation and not inflation remains the risk for the global economy. Deflation risks and central bank efforts to address them have been the trigger of the strongest FX trends in recent years. However, the market has now positioned for low inflation, suggesting strong FX trends are not likely if inflation remains low.

We argue that the low inflation consensus has become too strong and positioning for inflation surprises in FX would worth the risk as a contrarian trade. A number of forces that have kept inflation low in recent years may be losing steam, making inflation surprises more likely. If inflation surprises to the upside, it could force monetary policy tightening from currently very loose levels, surprising markets and triggering sharp and sustained FX trends.

We combine estimates from our econometric inflation analysis (Chart of the day) with equilibrium estimates to position for inflation surprises in G10 FX. Our results give the strongest signal for shorting CHF/NOK and also support selling EUR against a basket of NOK, AUD, CAD and SEK.

Files:
article.png  33 kb

SNB Maechler: Convinced negative rate level appropriate Answers reporters questions

• Negative rates are extraordinary not for the long-term
  • Important keep all options open
  • We will closely at Fed/ECB communications

Japan's Abe orders an early cut in corporation tax Japanese PM speaking to reporters before flying to Paris for climate talks

The rate cut is now officially underway

Abe told reporters he has ordered the nation's corp rate of tax to be cut to below 30% at an early date from the current rate of 32.11%

Bloomberg quoting the Kyodo news agency

Reason: