Want to share in hope for improvements

G'day all. Just want to share an bot I've rebuilt. First I'm no programmer but I like to think I can apply logic. Secondly I would like to credit the original author but unfortunately don't know who they are. So I have attached a little package to demonstrate the results I have been getting from back testing (generally 30% pa for 5% dd modelling quality 99%). Its a simple donchian channel breakout strategy that works on any time frame. But as the same PA forms all time frames the most suited are the 4HR and Daily. My work has been on the 4HR charts. I plan to start testing live in April.

My motivation for sharing well its selfish. I believe it can be made better but my experience is limited.

First as I said I'm no programmer so I hoping someone can check the code is solid. Second I'm not happy with lot calculation. It's meant to represent a % risk of equity but I haven't been able to correctly code in tickvalue so it doesn't adjust for account currency. Thirdly although I believe I have a strong entry point and solid stop lost level, I believe the exit signal can be vastly improved as at the moment it's a simple fixed TP point based on a R:R input. Finally I would like to see if others can get the same results I'm seeing.

Look forward to any feedback

Bob

yellowduck.zip

Files:

I recommend you test it in demo before using it at real account. Backtesting not good place for get conclusions.

braintheboss:
I recommend you test it in demo before using it at real account. Backtesting not good place for get conclusions.

Yeah hear ya my friend. Been forwarded testing this bot in various forms in demo for over a year now. This is my 34th variant. So happy with its logic and results returned. There comes a time but when demo testing just doesn't cut the mustard and some hard data from a live account needs to be collected. IMO I think there's not a lot of difference between back testing and demo testing if you have quality tick data. That's where I'm up to. Personally I trade off tick charts and want a secondary strategy to run in the background.

Ok first week demo testing results

5% gain, 2% floating happy with that. Have attached some presets for any takers

presets.zip

1st_week.zip

Files:

dex adx dex_adx.mq4

Files:
dex_adx.jpg  130 kb
dex_adx.mq4  5 kb

poster:
dex adx dex_adx.mq4

Might try this non repainting version. The dots (adx diplus/diminus cross) are using future values.

dex_adx1_nmc_alerts.mq4

Files:

mrtools:

Might try this non repainting version. The dots (adx diplus/diminus cross) are using future values.

dex_adx1_nmc_alerts.mq4

Thank you mrtools

robbob1970:
Re: Want to share in hope for improvements

Ok first week demo testing results

5% gain, 2% floating happy with that. Have attached some presets for any takers

presets.zip

1st_week.zip

What happened after that?

nbtrading:
What happened after that?

Came the week 2