Shownticks indicator - Help to modify!

Hello!

"Shownticks" indicator seems to calculate ticks inside a candle for indicating (with arrows) the next candles direction.

I need help in modifying the arrows so they are presented above the candle with a modifiable distance from candle (if negative candle is formed) and opposite, be presented under with modifiable distance from candle.

Currently, it presents the arrows inside the candles...

Thank you so much, if anyoine could help it would clear up my charts pretty well shownticks.ex4shownticks.mq4

Files:

daujones:
Hello!

"Shownticks" indicator seems to calculate ticks inside a candle for indicating (with arrows) the next candles direction.

I need help in modifying the arrows so they are presented above the candle with a modifiable distance from candle (if negative candle is formed) and opposite, be presented under with modifiable distance from candle.

Currently, it presents the arrows inside the candles...

Thank you so much, if anyoine could help it would clear up my charts pretty well shownticks.ex4shownticks.mq4

It just calculates the change of the typical price of the current bar from the previous bar. It the difference is bigger than the GapVal it shows different colors. That is all

Ok thanks for clearing that out

Still hopes for someone modifying it... in my system it sometimes indicates correct path earlier than the candles change color.

daujones:
Ok thanks for clearing that out Still hopes for someone modifying it... in my system it sometimes indicates correct path earlier than the candles change color.

Adjustable gap for arrows added. Try it out : shownticks-1.01.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Adjustable gap for arrows added. Try it out : shownticks-1.01.mq4

Great thanks! But it seems GapVal modifing stops working...

Rare indicator... xD

daujones:
Great thanks! But it seems GapVal modifing stops working...

It works just fine. But those are multipliers for atr (not pips or points) do not use big values. 1 to 1.5 are good candidates for that gap

mladen:
It works just fine. But those are multipliers for atr (not pips or points) do not use big values. 1 to 1.5 are good candidates for that gap

Thanks. Yes for the gap i have been useing those intervalls and they work fine. The other modification i think you added a .0 and i have tried changeing small values.. but the indicator doesnt seem to react. Before if reacted with less or more arrows beeing shown depending on the values inserted.

elvFunds:
Rare indicator... xD

Really? have any other suggestions?

daujones:
Thanks. Yes for the gap i have been useing those intervalls and they work fine. The other modification i think you added a .0 and i have tried changeing small values.. but the indicator doesnt seem to react. Before if reacted with less or more arrows beeing shown depending on the values inserted.

Example with GapVal set to 0.0005

Example with GapVal set to 0.0010

PS: ArrowGap is for the distance of arrows from candles. It has nothing to do with the GapVal parameter

regards

Files:
gap_1.gif  86 kb
gap_2.gif  79 kb

mladen:
Example with GapVal set to 0.0005

Example with GapVal set to 0.0010

PS: ArrowGap is for the distance of arrows from candles. It has nothing to do with the GapVal parameter

regards

I aleady understand exactly what you are explaining here. The indicator does not react to GapVal settings...

Reason: