Indicators such as super signals

Hi!

So I've read about this indicator called Super Signals, see more here Super Signals Indicator - MT4 Indicators (MQ4 & EX4) - Best-MetaTrader-Indicators.com.

I know it's a repainting indicator and that it will give a lot of false signals, and I haven't tried it yet. The reason I'm posting this is that i want some more information about the indicator itself. I know for example that it is based on the ZigZag indicator which also repaints. I also know that there are a lot of versions of the indicator, v 1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on.

The thing/s i want to know is the calculation behind the indicator, under what conditions does the indicator produce its signals? Also if anyone knows the difference between the newer versions and the older versions.

Thank you

Mothership1337:
Hi!

So I've read about this indicator called Super Signals, see more here Super Signals Indicator - MT4 Indicators (MQ4 & EX4) - Best-MetaTrader-Indicators.com.

I know it's a repainting indicator and that it will give a lot of false signals, and I haven't tried it yet. The reason I'm posting this is that i want some more information about the indicator itself. I know for example that it is based on the ZigZag indicator which also repaints. I also know that there are a lot of versions of the indicator, v 1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on.

The thing/s i want to know is the calculation behind the indicator, under what conditions does the indicator produce its signals? Also if anyone knows the difference between the newer versions and the older versions.

Thank you

Mothership1337

Super signals is not based on zigzag - it is based on the gihest high and lowest low for a certain period (that is different then the zigzag). The problem with the super signals is that it is using future values too, and that is making it repaint

Signals are produced when a new highest high or a lowest low is reached within n bars (half past bars and half future bars). And that is , more or less all about how super signals indicator is calculated

mladen:
Mothership1337

Super signals is not based on zigzag - it is based on the gihest high and lowest low for a certain period (that is different then the zigzag). The problem with the super signals is that it is using future values too, and that is making it repaint

Signals are produced when a new highest high or a lowest low is reached within n bars (half past bars and half future bars). And that is , more or less all about how super signals indicator is calculated

Thank you for correcting me. Why would any1 think that there is any predictive value in the indicator then? .

I also read about another one that reminded me of supersignals - cycle identifier. Do you have information about that indicator aswell?

Thank you!

Mothership1337:
Thank you for correcting me. Why would any1 think that there is any predictive value in the indicator then? .

I also read about another one that reminded me of supersignals - cycle identifier. Do you have information about that indicator aswell?

Thank you!

Same case Even Roy Kelly (that "invented" that indicator) tells in the document accompanying the indicator that it is recalculating/repainting. The fact that some are omitting to tell that is yet another case when people are lacking information even though it takes very little time to find it

Attached the Roy Kelly's document (disregard the adds part - you shall find a part where he tells that about repainting, so he can avoid any "you mislead us" comments ) : tm.pdf

Files:
tm.pdf  593 kb

mladen:
Same case Even Roy Kelly (that "invented" that indicator) tells in the document accompanying the indicator that it is recalculating/repainting. The fact that some are omitting to tell that is yet another case when people are lacking information even though it takes very little time to find it Attached the Roy Kelly's document (disregard the adds part - you shall find a part where he tells that about repainting, so he can avoid any "you mislead us" comments ) : tm.pdf

hey mladen.

What do you think about those indicators? Do you think they have any predictive function? According to roy kelly, at least under certain market condition/ time frame, the cycle identifier should spot the tops and bottoms for about 80% accuracy, wether this is true or not I cant really say.

What about yourself, you seem to be one of the big contributer on this forum. Do you trade manually or using and EA or both maybe? Hell you're maybe not trading at all?

Mladen trade manually mainly with 4h or more.

as for your question.

this type of indicator can be 80% accuracy on non movement section, but... caution. always put your stoploss.

I don't think that any indicator can predict

Even when we trade indicators that are trying to show a trend, they are not predicting - they are estimating. The degree of accuracy depends. The more you expect (for example you expect it to "predict" 10 bars is almost impossible, but to "predict" 1 bar is highly probable) the less accuracy you will get.

So when Roy Kelly is telling that his indicator(s) can predict cycles with 80% of accuracy - and if we assume that "cycles" mean more bars then just a couple of bars, he is not exactly telling the truth - but selling a system

Well, I am not working with any indicators. Instead, I will prefer to have reliable binary options signals service provider. And for me, is resulting good for me. They are providing highly profitable and almost accurate results.

I used to date an almost good girl once!

Reason: