MA indicators wont move after install new Metatrader 4

Hi all,

After i re installed my MT4 today, the MA indicators freeze after i put them to the chart. Tried 4 indicators, some with alarms, but dont see movements. They do update/refresh if i switch from one timeframe to another.

Do i overlook some on the new MT4 account?

Hope you guys can help me out, cause i am lost

Max

Maxwell1964:
Hi all,

After i re installed my MT4 today, the MA indicators freeze after i put them to the chart. Tried 4 indicators, some with alarms, but dont see movements. They do update/refresh if i switch from one timeframe to another.

Do i overlook some on the new MT4 account?

Hope you guys can help me out, cause i am lost

Max

Max

Is it just MA indicator or all indicators?

Anyway, try reinstalling the metatrader (sometimes they are installed in a wrong way)

I also have problems, I also downloaded the new MT4 because the servers from Alpari stopped working (maybe Alpari will stop also ...)

So the new MT4 now proposes Oanda, so I tried a demo account with those. Everything works, but very, very slow. I have a chart open with a lot of indicators and the connection speed is only 80,0 kb; I think on the M1 a candle appears after two minutes ...

So I think Oanda has a bad connection with me, I never had this problem with Alpari with 6 charts full of indicators open.

Is there an alternative ?

Wulong10:
I also have problems, I also downloaded the new MT4 because the servers from Alpari stopped working (maybe Alpari will stop also ...)

So the new MT4 now proposes Oanda, so I tried a demo account with those. Everything works, but very, very slow. I have a chart open with a lot of indicators and the connection speed is only 80,0 kb; I think on the M1 a candle appears after two minutes ...

So I think Oanda has a bad connection with me, I never had this problem with Alpari with 6 charts full of indicators open.

Is there an alternative ?

Try using fxcm demo server (works ok so far)

You can use this srv file for it : fxcm-usddemo02.zip

Files:

Thanks, Mladen I will try it.

This works much better ! Many thanks Mladen.

Maybe for other people : just save the .srv file that is in the zip folder to your Meta Trader 4 / config directory.

Then you will have to open a new account and the new server should be on the list and just choose the one from FXCM, much faster than Oanda, at least for me ...

From time to time when you install metatrader things like these happen. Metatrader from one broker is not same to metatrader from another broker - they are changed to broker demands. Which makes us wonder what are those changes that we can not know about

Had similar problem and had to turn the antivirus of, install metatrader and the turned antivirus on

Metatrader causes some antiviruses to recognize it as a virus

Reason: