Does it cost any money to use a forex demo?

april:

Did you ever pay anything to use a demo?

april:

April, you come out with the most bizarre questions. Yet, I seem compelled to respond because I find them so frightening!

Demo trading won't cost you money but it is expensive because it does not prepare you for the psychological stress of trading with real money. Demo trading is only useful to learn how your platform works and if your strategy has a chance. The next step is to figure out if you have the nerves to trade your strategy and you can only do that with real money. Everything else is just a video game.

Trading is one of the strangest ways of making a living and it is not for everyone. The sooner you figure that out the better. When I started, the internet did not exist and professional forex trading only existed in banks. There was usually a Reuters or AP Dow Jones feed, some telex machines and you could see the stress all around you in the shape of broken telephone handsets that sometimes became airborne. Not to mention the screaming and shouting. It was addictive and I knew from a young age that this was what I wanted to do.

Nowadays it is just you and a flat screen and no one around you will have any idea what you are going through when you have a bad day. Is that how you want to live?

Trading with demo does not cost money. All you need do is to get a broker and open a demo account by downloading mt4. You dont deposit money in demo except when you open a live account with that money is required.

Demo account can not and must not be payed for - regardless of the "educational service"

you only paid for the internet connection only.

i saw you quite persist to have a paid demo program.

perhaps any member here would offer their lead, how to trade demo, in demand for sure.

Opening a demo account is free and does not require money. Demo account is for practicing ,it help you to understand the forex market.

avoid any demo account that asks money from it. demo is free with almost all forex traders, you might want to try hotforex they do offer a good demo and learning environment.

april:

Interesting question! to open Demo account you don`t need any money. It`s for practice. It`s give you trading knowledge. Help to increase experience. but i think it`s don`t give you real feelings. But everyone should try demo first then move to Live

No, and you should never trade with someone who wants to charge you for a demo, imho.

It does - because it makes you falsely confident

Better to use a couple of $ live account and lose it (and feel the loss) then to use a demo account. That way you will know that a loss is final and that you have to pay for the loss

Reason: