Placing text of a chart

Hi,

How do place text on a chart, at a particular position, using MQL5 code? (to be done using a custom indicator if it makes any difference).

Steven

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

Look at the codebase for already answered questions or ideas periodically, it will help you more than you know.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/157 

Dual_Trix_Upgrade2
  • votes: 8
  • q_import | English Russian Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The Dual Trix indicator with dual magnified Values in the Chart and in the Indicator window.

Sorry, should have given a bit more information. I actually need the text to be placed at a particular place on the chart, given in time and price (not x and y, as is given in the example you showed). I'll have a look through the codebase though to see if I can find anything).

Cheers,

Steven

nerobot:

Sorry, should have given a bit more information. I actually need the text to be placed at a particular place on the chart, given in time and price (not x and y, as is given in the example you showed). I'll have a look through the codebase though to see if I can find anything).

Cheers,

Steven

Hi nerobot,

Have you looked at this thread too, maybe it will also help:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/330 

Text inside indicator
  • www.mql5.com
Is possible to see an example of how to insert a text inside an indicator (separate window) ?