Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
What is the best place to find a programmer? Freelance service!
nerobot
nerobot 2010.08.23 19:53 

Hi,

How do place text on a chart, at a particular position, using MQL5 code? (to be done using a custom indicator if it makes any difference).

Steven

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.
Brett Luedtke
Brett Luedtke 2010.08.24 09:22  

Look at the codebase for already answered questions or ideas periodically, it will help you more than you know.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/157 

Dual_Trix_Upgrade2
  • votes: 8
  • q_import | English Russian Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The Dual Trix indicator with dual magnified Values in the Chart and in the Indicator window.
nerobot
nerobot 2010.08.24 11:39  

Sorry, should have given a bit more information. I actually need the text to be placed at a particular place on the chart, given in time and price (not x and y, as is given in the example you showed). I'll have a look through the codebase though to see if I can find anything).

Cheers,

Steven

Samuel Olowoyo
Samuel Olowoyo 2010.08.24 16:57  
nerobot:

Sorry, should have given a bit more information. I actually need the text to be placed at a particular place on the chart, given in time and price (not x and y, as is given in the example you showed). I'll have a look through the codebase though to see if I can find anything).

Cheers,

Steven

Hi nerobot,

Have you looked at this thread too, maybe it will also help:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/330 

Text inside indicator
  • www.mql5.com
Is possible to see an example of how to insert a text inside an indicator (separate window) ?
/
To add comments, please log in or register