Tick Data feed / api

Hi All,

I’m looking for a forex data feed / api service which is not much expensive and provides real volume. I currently use Dukascopy JForex Historical Data Manager in order to save tick data as csv file, insert the csv data to a SQLite database and then I use this data in MT4. With this approach I have 2 problems

1. tick data is from a day before
  2. manual steps are time consuming which I would like to automate

So I would like to use a tick data service with “modern” api which I can automate.

Does anybody know such of tick data service? A tick data delivery delay from 1-15 minutes is ok.

Any ideas and tips are very appreciated!

Thx,

Anton

Antony1:
Hi All,

I’m looking for a forex data feed / api service which is not much expensive and provides real volume. I currently use Dukascopy JForex Historical Data Manager in order to save tick data as csv file, insert the csv data to a SQLite database and then I use this data in MT4. With this approach I have 2 problems

1. tick data is from a day before
  2. manual steps are time consuming which I would like to automate

So I would like to use a tick data service with “modern” api which I can automate.

Does anybody know such of tick data service? A tick data delivery delay from 1-15 minutes is ok.

Any ideas and tips are very appreciated!

Thx,

Anton

Anton

Something to start from (maybe some will be OK) :

Real-Time Tick Data Vendors

Good data feed is not going to be cheap. That is the main difference between metatrader and others : data is valuated, while metatrader is giving us what we get

By "cheap" what do you mean? barchartondemand.com has a product that would work for you, but it is not free. I pay around $800 / month, but I have decent volume on my site. If you have low volume, they'd probably give you a deal. They give you a financial data API with real time data.

If the data really, really needs to be free, or almost free, I'd go with the XML or RSS stock market data feed option (because there's a chance that you might find something that works). But, if you want real time data, talk to barchartondemand. I think they'll give you a deal if your website is low volume.

It's actually pretty cool, it's an API, but you access the API via an HTTP get request. Using "HTTP Get" makes the actual API both platform and language independent (because you can generate a Get request in pretty much any programming language. Personally, I think it's a pretty cool idea, and it's much simpler then trying to connect to a DB. It gives you a nice simple interface that you can use to get financial data.

Good luck! It's actually pretty easy to embed the financial data into a website. The tricky part is paying for the subscription. Lol. But then, as people say, good data is never free.

I assume that data is specific to barchartondemand and that you can not trade it using your own broker. Am I correct?

You can not. The quotes are different

Reason: