Ubuntu server 12.04 + MetaTrader + Wingding.ttf + Autologon & Autostart

I have 2 Questions:

1)How to install wingding.ttf under Wine (in Ubuntu Server).

...i tried many ways (installing the font under “/usr/share/fonts/truetype” and “/home/mt4server/.wine/drive_c/Fonts”.

I can use this font under LibreOffice e.g. but it doesnt work in my metatrader, there it only shows rectangles. During the font installation I have been never asked to agree EULA, could this be the problem?

2) My metatrader should start automatically after a server reboot.

2a) So first I tried to make an autologin and include the wine app in the rc.local. ...but this didn't work because the app need the x-server which isn't startet before the login.

2b) So after that I put this wine app into the autostart of my user and logged in by hand. ...the wine app startet successfully after my login.

2c) But when I put this user to autologin and let the wine app in the autostart, my wine app isn't starting automatically :-(

Is here any ubuntu/linux freak who can help me?

That would be really great!!!

sunshineh:
I have 2 Questions:

...i tried many ways (installing the font under “/usr/share/fonts/truetype” and “/home/mt4server/.wine/drive_c/Fonts”.

I can use this font under LibreOffice e.g. but it doesnt work in my metatrader, there it only shows rectangles. During the font installation I have been never asked to agree EULA, could this be the problem?

2a) So first I tried to make an autologin and include the wine app in the rc.local. ...but this didn't work because the app need the x-server which isn't startet before the login.

2b) So after that I put this wine app into the autostart of my user and logged in by hand. ...the wine app startet successfully after my login.

2c) But when I put this user to autologin and let the wine app in the autostart, my wine app isn't starting automatically :-(

sunshineh

Just regarding point 1. - did you see this : Installing other fonts on wine - Ask Ubuntu

A lot of problems with metatrader on linux - it hardly works on windows - on linux it will work even worse

Thanks mladen,

I have already seen this website and I did everything which is written there :-(

I can use this font also with libre and can see that it is installed on my ubuntu, but the metatrader can't / wouldn't take it...

sunshineh:
Thanks mladen,

I have already seen this website and I did everything which is written there :-(

I can use this font also with libre and can see that it is installed on my ubuntu, but the metatrader can't / wouldn't take it...

It will not work OK on linux - it is assuming that it has to do all the same as in windows 7/8 and it is not correct. They never tested it using linux

Hello Sunshineh,

I think you should better rent a VPS somewhere, there's really good opportunities nowadays.

With a VPS you have the benefits maybe you cannot produce regular, typically the internet connection, the power output, etc.

They have a reliability that our poor lonely traders can't reproduce.

Sorry, but i have to say, that until last week everything worked fine with our "Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTE , VPS" and Metatrader (wine)!!!

1)

So why do you think MetaTrader does not work with Linux? (We had no failure etc., do you have problems? Which?)

2)

But then we had to install a new Server and there the metatrader has problems to use the wingding.ttf-Font, even it is installed on the server and I can already use it within the linux programms (such as libre office). So why cant i use it in Metatrader any more?

...could it be a EULA problem? Because i never had to say YES to the Font Eula.

3)

So I hopefully asked my question here, because I think many people like to use a cheap, reliable and secure linux server with metatrader and perhaps anybody can help me, here.

4)

But i also need a Windows Server (VPS) too. Could anybody recommend Servers wich are cheap and reliable, near NewYork and/or near London?

best regards

sunshineh:
I have 2 Questions:

1) Did you try putting the font in ~/.fonts ?

2) Try putting the command to start MT4 "wine ~/.wine/........" in "Startup Applications"

jafar00:
1) Did you try putting the font in ~/.fonts ? 2) Try putting the command to start MT4 "wine ~/.wine/........" in "Startup Applications"

Are these new builds working OK on linux?

Copy the font in wine fonts folder is working here without a problem....

sudo cp wingding.ttf /usr/share/wine/fonts

(wingding.ttf from a windows pc)

Reason: