The comming MT4 (beta) a new FX Frankenstein?

New MT4 Frankenstein?

The next build of Metatrader will NOT BE COMPATIBLE with a lot of scripts, including these tools.

Make a backup copy of your Metatrader directory NOW for preparation of the next release (Always a good idea, look at the recent compiler issue). Here is the news release from their website:

A New Metatrader 4 Build Will Not Be Compatible

It seems that the build 509 is the last build in the current development branch. And I guess it remains to be the only available for the next couple of months.

The new build(s) is currently in beta testing phase and it comes with completely replaced scripting engine and compiler. Though it claims backward compatibility, the compatibility applies only to the pure MQL4 scripts, which were compiled by any of the previous compilers. The new compiler won't compile the recent source files (mq4).

The directory structure changed as well, so indicators and scripts are now merged into a MQL4 folder.

Unfortunately, users of RangeBar, RenkoBar, TickBar and MeanrenkoBar will not be able to use the currently downloaded indicators with the new build. I am preparing a concurrent release for the new MT4 build and I will create a new download area for it, not to mess with the current one.

Had to create a backup of an old MT4 for compiling EAs and Indicators as well. Since they disabled Compiling of decompiled EAs.

Took this warning from other FX forum! Looks scary!

Is the new MT4 made in cooperation with Wall Street market makers?

We should boycott all brokers which will not offer the present MT4 version. Do they want to make 99.9% traders losers? Probably!

Hermes

Hermes

Unfortunately at a moment you are right. Offline charts are available but it is obvious that they are changing something with the history data format and until they make the new hst files format public we are not going to be able to write valid hst files (offline charts - tick charts, renko charts and similar) But as I see that is predicted to be available

It almost seems like a separate (independent) software has to be developed so that we can trade those offline charts, then, the signals from that independent software will be sent over to the new MT4. This way, we're not at the mercy of them when trying to use our old tools. I haven't kept up with this news so I have no idea whether what I just said is even relevant.

btgtrader:
It almost seems like a separate (independent) software has to be developed so that we can trade those offline charts, then, the signals from that independent software will be sent over to the new MT4. This way, we're not at the mercy of them when trying to use our old tools. I haven't kept up with this news so I have no idea whether what I just said is even relevant.

At a moment the only big problem is the obvious changed format of data - we can still open charts offline. Once the format is known, there should be no bigger problem to convert existing offline hart generators

On the other hand, I really do not think that they will disable offline charts in the "new" metatrader 4. Why would they allow that option in the beta then? If they do (disable it) then it will be a stupidity of the century

hermes:
New MT4 Frankenstein?

The next build of Metatrader will NOT BE COMPATIBLE with a lot of scripts, including these tools.

Make a backup copy of your Metatrader directory NOW for preparation of the next release (Always a good idea, look at the recent compiler issue). Here is the news release from their website:

A New Metatrader 4 Build Will Not Be Compatible

It seems that the build 509 is the last build in the current development branch. And I guess it remains to be the only available for the next couple of months.

The new build(s) is currently in beta testing phase and it comes with completely replaced scripting engine and compiler. Though it claims backward compatibility, the compatibility applies only to the pure MQL4 scripts, which were compiled by any of the previous compilers. The new compiler won't compile the recent source files (mq4).

The directory structure changed as well, so indicators and scripts are now merged into a MQL4 folder.

Unfortunately, users of RangeBar, RenkoBar, TickBar and MeanrenkoBar will not be able to use the currently downloaded indicators with the new build. I am preparing a concurrent release for the new MT4 build and I will create a new download area for it, not to mess with the current one.

Had to create a backup of an old MT4 for compiling EAs and Indicators as well. Since they disabled Compiling of decompiled EAs.

Took this warning from other FX forum! Looks scary!

Is the new MT4 made in cooperation with Wall Street market makers?

We should boycott all brokers which will not offer the present MT4 version. Do they want to make 99.9% traders losers? Probably!

Hermes

Thanks for Sharing this PAT

mladen:
If they do (disable it) then it will be a stupidity of the century

the history if full of "stupidity of the century"

camisa:
the history if full of "stupidity of the century"

:):)

Well, this time they can not afford it (they do not have a "back door" since metatrader 5 is anything but as popular as metatrader 4, and they can not twist our arms to make us love metatrader 5)

Everybody

Leave this stupid MT4 from felon and go forward with a new platform !

There are so many good platforms in the world => I am currently trying ProTrade 3 ! PT3 is great!

And what brokers are supporting PT3?

As I see it the biggest problem is to find a good broker that uses some other platform

Guess we will have to wait an see what will metaquotes cook on this one. So far the odds that it will be something better than existing metatrader 4 are not so good

Reason: