Information needed

Hi guys

I am new to Forex and trying to understand a few things I would appreciate some help.

I am trying a strategy found somewhere here in this forex group. Anyways here is what I did

On EURUSD my sell stop was at 1.37034 my S/L at 1.38187 and the T/P art 1.37782. I was aiming my exit to the next resistance. The trend indead went down and eventually it my T/P as we can see on image 1 but it did not trigger and now the trend has reversed and now am on a loosing position. OK this is a practice account so no big deal but still I cant understand it did not trigger. Could someone give me some explanation.

Thank you

Badaboom

1 min

5 min

1 hour

Files:
eurusd-1.png  32 kb
eurusd-2.png  33 kb
eurusd-3.png  30 kb

badaboom:
Hi guys

I am new to Forex and trying to understand a few things I would appreciate some help.

I am trying a strategy found somewhere here in this forex group. Anyways here is what I did

On EURUSD my sell stop was at 1.37034 my S/L at 1.38187 and the T/P art 1.37782. I was aiming my exit to the next resistance. The trend indead went down and eventually it my T/P as we can see on image 1 but it did not trigger and now the trend has reversed and now am on a loosing position. OK this is a practice account so no big deal but still I cant understand it did not trigger. Could someone give me some explanation.

Thank you

Badaboom

1 min

5 min

1 hour

Hi Badaboom,

Here is explanation i could find

metatrader charts show bid

trader

buys ask

sells bid

retail brokers execute like this to take the spread regardless if order is a stop or a limit

on an exchage (CME, ecn's) traders can buy at bid and sell at ask by using limit orders

also retail brokers may slightly short term fudge pricefeed to trigger or avoid some orders to their own advantage (or maybe it just happens by accident). i noticed occasional divergence between data feeds especially visible during volatile action. just comparing history bar highs & lows i found instances nearly ~10 pips wide between alpari & fxpro.

oanda discloses their historical spreads on their website so one can verify if their limit or stop should have triggered. i don't know about others though

So reading that and looking at the spike(maybe news) would say your broker increased the spread making the ask price lower than your take profit.