HELP with Upper TF indicator - page 3

Question to MLaden -CCI Zones.

To save me waiting for many weeks to check this in real time on the hour charts, does the chart background colour change when on the weekly setting of 10080 then backdate the colour?

Or does it colour the background immediately the CCI Zone crosses the weekly setting?

I am using it on 4hr charts (with daily settings on my upper TF indicators) and weekly setting on the CCI Zone.

Thanks if you can advise.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Question to MLaden -CCI Zones.

To save me waiting for many weeks to check this in real time on the hour charts, does the chart background colour change when on the weekly setting of 10080 then backdate the colour?

Or does it colour the background immediately the CCI Zone crosses the weekly setting?

I am using it on 4hr charts (with daily settings on my upper TF indicators) and weekly setting on the CCI Zone.

Thanks if you can advise.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

The colors are changed strictly depending on the values of the CCI

Thanks Sohocool, it duplicates exactly the CCI zones indicator.

I am waiting to find out about the exact time the colour of the background changes when using a weekly setting of 10080 on a 4hr chart. Whether it colours backdated or immediately it crosses zero. If it were immediate then the chart background colour would change colour back and forth on the lower TF chart as it crosses and re-crosses zero.

TEAMTRADER

Thanks.

If it crosses and re-crosses zero would that show up via a change of colour on the lower TF chart?

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks.

If it crosses and re-crosses zero would that show up via a change of colour on the lower TF chart?

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

It works like all multi time frame indicators (which it is).

If the value of the target time frame is > 0 it will show color zone for up, if the value of the target time frame is < 0 it shows the color zone for down

Thanks.

I have one that changes when it crosses and re-crosses zero in the higher TF and another indicator that waits till the following candle opens before confirming the colour change. This second one delays the signal by a full week making it less useful on the 4hr charts.

That was my dilemma.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks.

I have one that changes when it crosses and re-crosses zero in the higher TF and another indicator that waits till the following candle opens before confirming the colour change. This second one delays the signal by a full week making it less useful on the 4hr charts.

That was my dilemma.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

The one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183274 is the correct one

This link takes me to this thread?

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
This link takes me to this thread? TEAMTRADER

Temtrader

Just follow that link

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks Sohocool, it duplicates exactly the CCI zones indicator.

I am waiting to find out about the exact time the colour of the background changes when using a weekly setting of 10080 on a 4hr chart. Whether it colours backdated or immediately it crosses zero. If it were immediate then the chart background colour would change colour back and forth on the lower TF chart as it crosses and re-crosses zero.

TEAMTRADER

Hi Teamtrader,

10080 / 240 =42

You can check the indicator on 1M chart with 30M setting (x30)or with 1H setting (x60).

Or with MTF Moving Average : Price=Typical Price and Moving average of Typical Price.

Reason: