B Band Width Ratio Indicator

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for a BBands width ratio indicator. I've download everything I can find and none of them work on my MT4.

Here are two that don't work but maybe someone can fix them.

Thanks

Files:

wifiguy:
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for a BBands width ratio indicator. I've download everything I can find and none of them work on my MT4.

Here are two that don't work but maybe someone can fix them.

Thanks

wifiguy

Can you explain what are you expecting from those indicator to show (since the width of Bollinger bands is a simple multilicand of standard deviation - so, in that case, we could say that standard deviation is some kind of a Bollinger bands width)?

mladen:
wifiguy Can you explain what are you expecting from those indicator to show (since the width of Bollinger bands is a simple multilicand of standard deviation - so, in that case, we could say that standard deviation is some kind of a Bollinger bands width)?

Hi mladen,

This is a very simple indicator in a separate window that shows the width of the Bollinger bands. I don't always see when a BB breakout is occurring and having a separate indicator would help. Coupled with other indicators like maybe the stochastic one might be able to judge the direction of the breakout.

wifiguy:
Hi mladen, This is a very simple indicator in a separate window that shows the width of the Bollinger bands. I don't always see when a BB breakout is occurring and having a separate indicator would help. Coupled with other indicators like maybe the stochastic one might be able to judge the direction of the breakout.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but try it out

It is showing relative position of the price compared to Bollinger bands. When the value is outside +1 or -1 then the price broke bollinger bands, otherwise it is within the bands. On the picture is a comparison of the Bollinger bands and Price in bands indicator with same parameters

Files:

Hi Wifiguy ,

Hi Mladen,

The BBands width is (upband-downband)/ middle(moving average)

If we choose deviation = 2 , bbwidth= 4x standarddeviation/movingaverage.

By the way the standarddeviation have same shape than bbwidth.

So we can use Standard deviation.

On my computer the i-BandsWidths works.

Regards.

Files:

sohocool:
Hi Wifiguy ,

Hi Mladen,

The BBands width is (upband-downband)/ middle(moving average)

If we choose deviation = 2 , bbwidth= 4x standarddeviation/movingaverage.

By the way the standarddeviation have same shape than bbwidth.

So we can use Standard deviation.

On my computer the i-BandsWidths works.

Regards.

sohocool

That is what I said in this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183250 too

mladen:
sohocool That is what I said in this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183250 too

Mladen ,

OUps ,sorry

Thanks mladen

Thanks sohocool

The standard deviation works just fine for me. I hadn't understood it was the same thing.

Don't understand why the i-bandwidths didn't work for me.....maybe a later Mt4 build?

Interesting to place the SD into the Sto window and see the breakout as the SD crosses 30.

Once again thanks

Files:
bbbreakout.png  40 kb
Reason: