How does roll over affects my position?

WHat happen if i held my position overnight? How does roll over affects it?

Rollover is the interest paid or earned for holding a position overnight. Each currency has an interest rate associated with it, and because forex is traded in pairs, every trade involves not only two different currencies, but their two different interest rates. If the interest rate on the currency you bought is higher than the interest rate of the currency you sold, then you will earn rollover (positive roll). If the interest rate on the currency you bought is lower than the interest rate on the currency you sold, then you will pay rollover (negative roll). Rollover can add a significant extra cost or profit to your trade.

It depends on what currency are you holding if you are going to get a positive or a negative roll (profit)

Melle:
WHat happen if i held my position overnight? How does roll over affects it?

Rollover interest is related to the differential in interest rates between the two currencies in a particular currency pair, however, the actual rollover interest value is determined by market makers or liquidity providers.

Example, Euro has a higher interest rate compared to US dollar, but it does not mean that going Long on EURUSD (meaning Buy EUR Sell USD) will always earn positive rollover interest. If the market makers or liquidity providers are experiencing high volume in Long orders, to mitigate their risk and having to pay out a lot of Rollover interest, they may adjust the Rollover interest for Long EURUSD to a negative value.

As traders, it is always a good habit to check the Rollover interest if we are holding our position overnight. Hope this helps.

During the roll over the banks update their trading books it's not something that the Broker is causing
and also during this time the swap calculation is added. You should better check with your Broker what are the conditions and the charges they offer before leaving a position open overnight.

Greetings,
The rollover costs should not affect over your performance if you holds the trades for a couple of days. If you intend to keeps it for few months, then should be considered how much approximately will cost you in case you need to pay swap or financing charges.

Reason: