How long you hold your positions?

Did you held your position overnight? Did you gain more profit after holding your position for a long time?

No. Take your profit and go, Don't look back

it really depends, scalpers may hold a trade for minutes, swingers may go for days, postition trading is trading and leaving it go for weeks and even months, I might leave a trade going for weeks, but is started with my broker hotforex as a scalper, it was not for me, so i swing mostly making a couple trades a week and leaving it there til it hits the mark

if i scalp i usually keep it at M15 M5 is kinda too fast for me

I hold some positions over a year! and some still running!! yes really.

positive swap added to more than 400 pips.

A symbol that generates positive swaps for that long? It must have been going "the wrong way" all the time

techmac:
A symbol that generates positive swaps for that long? It must have been going "the wrong way" all the time

I guess there are symbols that generate far more positive points over night but I've been holding shorts on Gbp/Aud & Eur/Aud which have about 1 pip pos. rollover.

Anivia:
How much is your capital and your trade to keep it for over one year?

That's the right question Anivia though I can not answer that! about the capital I should say it is pretty much and the leverage never goes more than 5 on those trades.

Melle:
Did you held your position overnight? Did you gain more profit after holding your position for a long time?

That depends on the pair you trade. I wouldn't held overnight the position with EUR or GBP now. Market moves really fast. You may find yourself at stop out in the morning.

But if you trade XAU for example it's possible to hold it for a long time.

Melle:

Normally, I close positions at different levels. For an example lets say my target is 100 pips. First I close 1/4 at 25 pips then 1/4 at 50 pips 1/4 75 pips and remainder at 100 pips. Sometimes I may have to hold positions overnight. But it depends on the market movements.

I do swings ranging from 2-7 days...

Reason: