Help Making Simple EA work! Please

Hello,

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me with getting this EA working? I found this indicator (ABC.mq4) on a forum and would like to make a EA out of it, a friend of mine tried to make one but it dosent work (ABC EA.mq4). The indicator is really simple it signals buy/sell situations using arrows and i would like the EA to open a trade at the exact time a buy or sell arrow appears with TakeProfit and StopLoss parameters defineable by the user (preferably in pips)

I attach both the EA and the indicator so hopefully you guys don't need to make the EA from scratch. All help is appreciated.

abc.mq4

abc_ea.mq4

Thanks

Files:
abc.mq4  3 kb
abc_ea.mq4  3 kb

Hi Mate!!

I've made some modifications to your indicator and EA.

I've attached 3 files:

the indicator : abc.mq4

the EA : abc_ea.mq4

the template: abc_ea.tpl

I've changed the way to decide when to trade.

Because I haven't obtained good results setting custom indicators inside the EA, I adopted the method of using Global Variables instead.

Because of that, I've modified the indicator.

The mechanics is simple: when the signal appears, I set the proper variable.

Inside the EA I'm checking for the possibles Global Variables.

When one is set, I execute the order.

There are a lot of improvements to make to the EA, but I think it could be a good starting point.

Best regards!!!

Files:
abc_ea.mq4  4 kb
abc.mq4  3 kb
abc_ea.tpl  2 kb

sl89xx:
Hello,

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me with getting this EA working? I found this indicator (ABC.mq4) on a forum and would like to make a EA out of it, a friend of mine tried to make one but it dosent work (ABC EA.mq4). The indicator is really simple it signals buy/sell situations using arrows and i would like the EA to open a trade at the exact time a buy or sell arrow appears with TakeProfit and StopLoss parameters defineable by the user (preferably in pips)

I attach both the EA and the indicator so hopefully you guys don't need to make the EA from scratch. All help is appreciated.

abc.mq4

abc_ea.mq4

Thanks

Edit your BUY & SELL conditions to this : if(abc0 != EMPTY_VALUE && i==0)

and

if(abc1 != EMPTY_VALUE && i==0)

It will work.

Reason: