Repainting indicator - page 3

As clear as I can : it is made to repaint (use future values) in order to look good on some "example pictures" and then to sell it (the indicator).

sohelrana:
please guru mladen clearly explane , sorry for disturbing , thanks

Dear mladen

I don't know programing and I have a question whether it is meaningful or not?

"Is it possible to count the no. of bars from latest to oldest? "

mladen:
You did (even without knowing it) In metatrader there is a setting called "Max bars on chart" (on other platforms they call it different, but the essence is the same) and it work something like this :

suppose you have set it to 5000. A new bar is formed and you have 5001, then 5002 and so on bars that are available to your software (renko bars generating software, for example)

suppose now you simply change time frame, symbol or restart the platform. Again your first available bar is 5000th from now which is 2 bars "younger" than the first bar was in the previous part. So, now, you have a history that does not have first 2 bars that you had the first time. And you have a changed history. And since renko depends on the first bar price and time, there you go : a changed history and you even did not know about. All done by the courtesy of your trading platform (it is not just metatrader that works like that)

chan123:
Dear mladen

I don't know programing and I have a question whether it is meaningful or not?

"Is it possible to count the no. of bars from latest to oldest? "

Yes, but counting from the newest does not solve the problem

A couple of different things have to be done to avoid renko repainting problem

mladen:
Yes, but counting from the newest does not solve the problem A couple of different things have to be done to avoid renko repainting problem

So far all the renko charts I have seen are repainting after restart

They can be traded (as anything else) but they are extremely data dependent - 1 pips difference on on bar can change the whole later chart

Mladen,

I know this is old thread but I have an idea and questions concerning non-repainting renko. My idea to make renko "non-repainting" is:

1. From Tools>>Options>>Charts, set the maximum bars in history and chart to 9999999... (i.e. the max number. MT4 will automatically convert that to 2147483647).

2. Open your desired currency pair.

3. Download all the available data from your broker by pressing the home key button on your keyboard, until data stop updating.

4. Then set up your renko as you normally do.

My thought is that as long as history is not deleted and that the downloaded history bars are far lesser than the set maximum bars in history, the renko will not repaint. If this is wrong kindly help on how to code a non-repainting renko, including its variants e.g. rangebars and median renko.

I await your reply Mladen. Thank you so much for your time.

funayot:
Mladen,

I know this is old thread but I have an idea and questions concerning non-repainting renko. My idea to make renko "non-repainting" is:

1. From Tools>>Options>>Charts, set the maximum bars in history and chart to 9999999... (i.e. the max number. MT4 will automatically convert that to 2147483647).

2. Open your desired currency pair.

3. Download all the available data from your broker by pressing the home key button on your keyboard, until data stop updating.

4. Then set up your renko as you normally do.

My thought is that as long as history is not deleted and that the downloaded history bars are far lesser than the set maximum bars in history, the renko will not repaint. If this is wrong kindly help on how to code a non-repainting renko, including its variants e.g. rangebars and median renko.

I await your reply Mladen. Thank you so much for your time.

funayot

It can not be done like that

Imagine this : you have 1000 bars on chart and the start is at 01.01.nnnn year. Tomorrow it will be opened again with 1000 bars and the start will be at 02.01.nnnn year. And since renko depends on the starting bar, the result will not be the same any more (difference can be small or it can be big - depends on data)

The only way is to anchor start to some specific time.

That implies two things : reading the data must be made completely different than it is usual in the renko charts floating around, and depending on the anchor, even a 1 minute difference in start time can produce completely different results. So, there is no 100% sure way of getting same results all the time for renko

Reason: