Iwillsurvive's Trading system

Dear All,

I have decided to share my trading system.

Its not the best, but i believe the brilliant brains here in the forum can help make it even better.

Since march 2011 to april 2011, it turned usd 800 to usd 3000. Not too bad a start.

Long: All Blue/Green

Short: All Red

Exit: Opposing buy/sell signal (trending mode), or Take profit (40pips) (sideways mode)

Stop loss: 40 pips. Once trade moves to 30pips, move stop to B/E

Elaboration of exit strategy:

We currently have 2 types of exits:

Trending exit - Take profit at the opposing signal

Sideways movement exit - Take profit at a fixed level (40pips for me)

The problem is we do not know when the market is going to trend or move sideways correct?

But we know that when the market starts to trend, it will trend for a for few big moves before it goes sideways.

Similarly, the market will move sideways for a few times before it changes to trending mode.

The solution - Let's say we are in trending mode, and suddenly our trade gets stopped out very quickly at breakeven from a decent profit. This means that the market is moving sideways. We switch our exit to sideways mode (take profit at 40pips). We do this until the market starts to trend again, following which we exit using trending mode (take profit at opposing signal)

This system is able to occassionally filter out sideways movement.

I will be most happy to hear what you guys have to say

PS: please ignore the word, MONEY comes easily to me. its just my subliminal blaster doing its work

Good results

Hope you consistently continue your profit.

I see from your chart that your loses (at least in trending market) are due you take trades against the trend. Maybe you can improve if you add an ema 40 or 100 for example (depending the pair) and only take trades in the direction of it.

fxnewbie:
Good results

Hope you consistently continue your profit.

I see from your chart that your loses (at least in trending market) are due you take trades against the trend. Maybe you can improve if you add an ema 40 or 100 for example (depending the pair) and only take trades in the direction of it.

Thanks for the tip.

Those counter trend trades usually do not end in a loss but a break even. This is because once the trade moves more than 30pip in profit, i move my stop to Breakeven.

I tried putting EMA 100, but i felt it would get rid of the profitable counter trend trades as well, while it does not stop any loss.

Currently the weakness of the system is its inability to 100% filter out sideways movement (it can filter out about 50-60% of sideways movements)

Another weakness is the question of where to exit (take profit)?? Many times my trades are very profitable, but the trend reverses too quickly and my profits evapourate and i get stopped at breakeven.

I've tried using Gann's Sq of 9, but there is another question of how far will the trade go?

Currently i'm short on the EUR USD 1H, where to exit is the question

Files:
abc_2.jpg  214 kb

Many ways to exit. People have to find the one that fit to his style and trading system.

- Oposite indicator(s) signals.

- Fixed pips.

- Levels reached or breaked/reversed (fibos, pivos, etc..)

- Fixed TIME to exit.

- Exit dependable on incoming news.

- A mix.

Etc.

You choose. But I think you will never find one able to pinpoint the ideal exit. Because if you find it, then you can close in profit, enter ideal opposite trade and find the holly tamales.

Pava, you need to change....

Files:

fxnewbie:
Pava, you need to change....

Change we can believe in???

Pava can you not stop making useless posts?

Mods: Is there a way you can warn pava about making useless irrelevent posts in lots of peoples thread? Its unethical, and a place where people are trying to make money and exchange idea's dont need smart-ass posts about stupid songs that are absolute irrelevant to somebodys system.

iwillsurvive: THANK YOU for your positive contributions here, I hope some bright minds will help you. I have a very interesting Moving Average of some sort on my chart, just going to work out what it is and i'll see if I can put it into your charts and see any potential for improvements. If it looks good i'll be glad to post it up to help you and others.

Cheers

WilteredFire...I beg to differ with the position you are taking...If you really get into what I am posting...you might not have a problem with it...Just use your head a little

iwillsurvive: The I-Xo-A-H indy doesn't appear to be displaying correctly like it does on yours, its crossing over and under the 0 level alot more often, the one on your chart looks smoother and slower...

Any idea why this could be? Is it because of a 5 digit broker feed? Can anybody help get a fix for this? Thanks

Reason: