What type of trader are you?

Trend Trading:

A style of trading that attempts to profit from riding short, medium or long term trends in price.

Range Trading:

A style of trading that attempts to profit from buying and selling currencies between a lower level of support and an upper level of resistance. The upper level of resistance and the lower level of support defines the range. The range forms a price channel where the price can be seen to oscillate between the two levels of support and resistance.

News Trading:

A style of trading whereby a trader attempts to profit from fundamental news announcements on a country's economy that may affect the value of a currency, usually seeking short term profit immediately after the announcement is released.

Scalping:

A style of trading that involves frequent trading seeking small gains over a very short period of time. Trades can last from seconds to minutes.

Day Trading:

A style of trading that involves multiple trades on an intra-day basis. Trades can last from minutes to hours.

Swing Trading:

A style of trading that involves seeking to profit from short to medium term swings in trend. Trades can last from hours to days.

Carry Trading:

A style of trading whereby the trader attempts to profit from holding a currency with a higher rate of interest and selling a currency with a lower rate of interest, profiting from the daily interest rate differential of the position.

Position Trading:

A style of trading that involves taking a longer term position that reflects a longer term outlook. Trades can last from weeks to months.

Discretionary Trading:

A style of trading that uses human judgement and decision making in every trade.

Automated Trading:

A style of trading that involves neither human decision making nor involvement, but uses a pre-programmed strategy based on technical or fundamental analysis to automatically execute trades via an automated software programme.

Cool thread. I like the description.

My Answer is Automated Scalping ) !

Josef

I recently went from a scalper to automated, but not automated scalping. I mostly base my trades off of specific times that I have backtested that are at least 70% successful with a profit factor minimum of 2.

I trade price action only charts on the daily and 4hr and I mainly trade trends but I also trade ranging markets. Generally holding for 1 to 3 days on average.

I also trade price action on the higher time frames, seems to work well for me.

emcs^2:
I also trade price action on the higher time frames, seems to work well for me.

Hello, what timeframes do you trade with?

Nice to see a poll like this. I trade most of the time with EA scalpers and every now and then I open a short term trade.

Free Forex Bonus

josef:
Hello, what timeframes do you trade with?

Typically I'm trading the 4hr and daily charts. Looking for pin bars / inside bars / fakey's, etc..

I am a profitable trader

James the Giant:
I am a profitable trader

very good answers and that can get in on each category of trading

Modest one (as far as expectations are concerned) And still alive and trading

Reason: