How to find profit targets in a new trading system

read a post - about testing EA

someone can't find a winning EA, so he thought

he find the biggest lost EA, then reverse the BUY and SELL , so he might achieve the biggest win

------

after 30 pip movement or so in the market, we get so pissed when our gut feeling get the BIG Direction wrong

so my question -- DID YOU try reverse trading and win it , by reversing your betting direction

if so, please tell us how you do it, which pair, and TP / SL etc, so that we could learn -- as if the forex market is suppose to be zero-sum game, why we always get a LOSS, no matter how we use your strategy ???

and also , with your forex practice

DID the urban myth "REVERSE the direction that you wanna to trade" really make you to have a Profit instead - - it make sense as we are "emotional trader" but really hard to do reverse as we feel badly of against our gut feeling Intended Direction

MIGHT BE , we could think of another thing and share it in TSD forum, that could benefit US

>> most of the time, we always drill and dig >> so we know the indicator and template to predict (drill down and dig more indicators and try to do too deep thinking)

>> from our forex "experiment" we knew one thing for sure, we can't predict, more we try, more we will lost as there is sudden movement, that totally out of our surprise when we almost see our DIRECTION is SURE DEAL

>>> how about,

i.e. we try to use our KNOWN forex knowledge, guess the happening chance [ approx. ] for frequency, then we can really trade with our own personal statistics

welcome to discuss -- of course, we might have to use few DEMO account, and see whether statistics could bring about -- most of the time, we end up in more profit, rather than LESS and LESS in our forex balance !!

the logic seem to be right, i.e. what we were doing could be "barking at the wrong tree" as the bank traders (big boys) will always try their way to trick us

Every trading system has subtleties and tweaking that needs to be done for optimal profit, but when embarking on a new trading system it's important to strip those subtleties and go "back to the basics" as you've stated here. Discipline and knowledge are always the keys to success. Great post!

Reason: